Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Can Estrogen vaginal cream come out later?  (Read 3025 times)

hereandthere

Can Estrogen vaginal cream come out later?
« on: September 27, 2021, 06:00:34 AM »

Hi
After getting the all clear for my post meno bleeding after hysteroscopy, I’ve gone back on Premarin estrogen cream (while considering if I go back on Tibolone too).
I took it for seven days and then was off for a couple of days waiting to take twice a week and at this ‘off’ point I noticed twice after passing stools that there was what looked like bits of the cream in the toilet.
I looked on the pamphlet now and it says to contact your doctor if it’s in your stools, no explanation. I don’t know if I can assume it was in the stools, or somehow just came out of the vagina when passing stools. Or should it all have been absorbed?
I googled how things get from vagina to rectum and found fistulas, which sounds rather horrifying, but hoping having just had a hysteroscopy the gynae would have noticed such a thing.
Anyone had a similar experience?

Joaniepat

Re: Can Estrogen vaginal cream come out later?
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2021, 06:24:54 AM »

Yes, the residue of the cream can emerge the following day. I used to get this when first using Ovestin. However, the active ingredient will have been absorbed overnight.
JP x

hereandthere

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2021, 06:29:55 AM »

Oh thankyou so much JP, what a relief!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2021, 08:44:18 AM »

What goes up ;-).   Any excess will be shed by the body as the vagina cleanses herself. 

How do U feel otherwise?

hereandthere

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2021, 06:29:45 AM »

Apologies for not replying until now CLKD.
I honestly expected that being off the systemic HRT was going to be horrendous as it wasn’t good when I briefly went off just after I started the Livifem/Tibolone, not to mention my horrendous Pre meno vasomotor symptoms, but I’m doing well on the Vagifem. My only concern is remembering to take it. Choosing the days gets me as which days does twice a week mean?  ;D
I think the way that I tapered off the Femoston worked well and it’s interesting to me that although I get flushes, especially at night, they aren’t as bad as they used to be and miraculously I’m still sleeping. I was expecting to go back to barely any sleep as was the case Pre HRT, but while initially it looked like it was going that way, my body seems to have adjusted.
My gynae gave me the choice of Livifem (Tibolone) only or vagifem as the two she considers least likely to cause cancer, given my risk factors.
I can literally feel a slight pang/discomfort in the night if I’ve gone an extra day or so without using the Vagifem.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2021, 07:48:39 AM »

So use it nightly then U won't forget?  I have a calendar on which I note everything  ::)