Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Alcohol wine  (Read 919 times)

FunkyFrankie

Alcohol wine
« on: September 26, 2021, 04:55:08 PM »

I’m utterly miserable because after reading all the terrifying reports of breast cancer risk, I’m scared to have a couple of glasses of wine.  Are these exaggerated, these reports?  Does my evening tipple have to now be a thing of the past?  I am 54, slim, non smoker, perfect blood pressure, fit.  SOMEONE TELL ME I CAN HAVE A DRINK!  Panting for a glass LOL!

Suzysheep

Re: Alcohol wine
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2021, 05:04:38 PM »

Have a drink love!!
I’m sure you’re not guzzling bottles of the stuff down…. A couple of glasses here and there won’t make a difference xx ;)

sheila99

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2021, 05:41:23 PM »

It's a good idea to stick within the government guidelines but alcohol in moderation is OK.

jaypo

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2021, 06:20:54 PM »

Nah,have a drinky,no link with breast cancer,my mum,her sister and their mother all had BC and they were non drinkers,I can't see me giving up my couple of glasses on a Friday and Saturday any time soon

shrosphirelass

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2021, 06:39:04 PM »

I find a glass really helps me wind down. I know some people think this is unhealthy but if it helps me to avoid anti anxiety meds Im sticking with it. I do think moderation is the key. Cheers!

jaypo

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2021, 08:08:50 AM »

You're in the right place,meno does all sorts to you,different women have different symptoms but all of us together we seem to have them all covered  ;D yes,enjoy a drink but like Shropshirelass says,in moderation,when I hit meno I could no longer drink like I used to anyway,so it might be the same for you. Good luck with the HRT

Sazzle42115

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2021, 07:00:47 PM »

I can't even bear the smell of alcohol anymore so sad 🤣