Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Post menopause  (Read 631 times)

Weeloz

Post menopause
« on: March 06, 2023, 12:53:10 PM »

Sorry if this sounds stupid but is post menopause when you are through the menopause and no longer menopausal

Flossieteacake

Re: Post menopause
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2023, 01:01:25 PM »

It does not sound stupid at all. Post menopause is when you are no longer having periods. They say a woman is postmeno when she has not had a period for a year.

Weeloz

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2023, 01:22:04 PM »

Thank you I thought it meant you were through the menopauss 😳so it's peri, then post then meno is that right lol

Flossieteacake

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2023, 01:33:39 PM »

Thank you I thought it meant you were through the menopauss 😳so it's peri, then post then meno is that right lol

Peri, meno then post meno.  :)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2023, 02:17:01 PM »

Hi!  Peri-menopause is when ladies realise that symptoms are bothersome but often don't associate them with "The Change".  Some GPs don't seem to 'get it'!  One is advised to be 12 months without a bleed B4 considering that we have reached menopause.  Literally end of periods.  I don't think that 'post' comes into it.  Some may notice symptoms if hormones continue to drop; personally I've been lucky in that apart from itchy skin at times, most early symptoms went after about 8-9 months.

Weeloz

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2023, 03:27:11 PM »

Thank you, have been 4 years since last period, my symptoms are not too bad and I can handle them except for va
I am not on hrt as came off it because it was making my health anxiety worse thinking of all the risks
« Last Edit: March 06, 2023, 03:42:39 PM by Weeloz »

sheila99

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2023, 03:58:19 PM »

The definition of meno is a bit artificial but used by the nhs as 1 year without a bleed. Some people can go over a year and then find they naturally bleed again, once or several times Using this definition means they can investigate those who may have bleeding caused by cancer.

CLKD

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2023, 04:42:37 PM »

Agree sheila, any unexplained bleeding in later years must be investigated.

VA treatment is necessary for life.  Weeloz - R U prescribed anything to ease symptoms?

Weeloz

« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2023, 10:47:58 AM »

CLKD I have been prescribed vagirux and ovestin. I am using vagirux at night and applying ovestin during the day

CLKD

« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2023, 11:57:03 AM »

That's great - have responded to your other thread  ;)