Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: From EstroGel to Lenzetto -experiences/advice  (Read 10330 times)

VictoryV

Re: From EstroGel to Lenzetto -experiences/advice
« Reply #30 on: September 29, 2021, 10:37:56 AM »

Hi Ella & Winter,

Thanks for posting about where you are in this journey. I’m very similar, on gel, utro200mg for 12 days and minute pea of T daily. I’m coming to the end of month 2 and feel 95% back to normal. My worst symptoms were anxiety, insomnia, up to the loo frequently at night, all gone when I upped to 3 pumps of gel and started the T. I dropped back to 2 on none Utrogestan days and am considering going on 3 pumps daily. Initially on 3 pumps I felt very wired but that passed within 3 days.

Before starting HRT I’d not had a period for about 5 months, now I seem to have two a month, whilst on Utrogestan or not.
I’m chasing a 100% recovery but maybe that’s unrealistic and it’s very early days. The Utrogestan makes me feel hungry 24/7 so I’m talking to my GP about reducing it to 100mg and taking it vaginally. I’m terrified of weight gain but I’d rather be overweight than have the anxiety back.

I’d love the convenience of Lenzetto but I’m not changing anything for a while as I don’t want to go backwards.
Hope everybody has a good day.
Victoria.x

Winter

« Reply #31 on: September 29, 2021, 11:00:35 AM »

Hi VictoryV

That's reassuring to read. I'm definitely not doing well right now, but was better a week or so ago. Maybe be end of month 2, there will be more change? It's only end of month 1. My worst symptoms are anxiety and worrying thoughts, insomnia and lack of energy. I wonder if I'll need some T at some point.

So interesting that you noticed a change going up to 3 pumps. Maybe that's the answer for me.

EllaAurora

« Reply #32 on: September 29, 2021, 11:26:50 AM »

Hi Ella & Winter,

Thanks for posting about where you are in this journey. I’m very similar, on gel, utro200mg for 12 days and minute pea of T daily. I’m coming to the end of month 2 and feel 95% back to normal. My worst symptoms were anxiety, insomnia, up to the loo frequently at night, all gone when I upped to 3 pumps of gel and started the T. I dropped back to 2 on none Utrogestan days and am considering going on 3 pumps daily. Initially on 3 pumps I felt very wired but that passed within 3 days.

Before starting HRT I’d not had a period for about 5 months, now I seem to have two a month, whilst on Utrogestan or not.
I’m chasing a 100% recovery but maybe that’s unrealistic and it’s very early days. The Utrogestan makes me feel hungry 24/7 so I’m talking to my GP about reducing it to 100mg and taking it vaginally. I’m terrified of weight gain but I’d rather be overweight than have the anxiety back.

I’d love the convenience of Lenzetto but I’m not changing anything for a while as I don’t want to go backwards.
Hope everybody has a good day.
Victoria.x

Hi Victoria, great to hear you're feeling so well, 95% back to normal sounds amazing!! Of course we're always going for 100% recovery but even 95% is so good that you can probably start relaxing and enjoying the current state and then if the 100% is reached, even better.

I'm wondering if I should also try T at some point, but have figured I'd first try to get to good balance with Oestrogen and then potentially add that later on. Interesting what you say about Utrogestan making you hungry -I've noticed that I am really hungry all the time and frankly, have been eating a LOT lately :D Probably should do something about that too, but I've just enjoyed having an appetite back after several months of no appetite when I needed to force myself to eat.

Take care xxx

Floo36

« Reply #33 on: September 29, 2021, 12:46:09 PM »

I’m the same with an enormous appetite and like you Ella I couldn’t eat a few months back and lost so much weight, now it’s going the other way, can’t win but I also see it as an improvement and once we get the Estrogen right our appetites will even out.  Here hoping.

VictoryV

« Reply #34 on: September 29, 2021, 01:37:48 PM »

I’m so glad to read feeling hungry all the time isn’t unusual! I think you’re right Floo; eating will calm down when everything slots back in to place. Our mental health is far more valuable than a dress size.
I don’t want to mislead so I want to say that I don’t know if I feel better because of the Testosterone. I was accidentally prescribed it and I increased the gel on the same morning. Everything I’ve read says to get estrogen levels right before adding T. I feel my improvements are more likely to be the increase in gel but I’m not a medic and I’ve had no blood work done or physically seen a doctor.

Does anybody else feel like they are winging it?

VictoryV

« Reply #35 on: September 29, 2021, 03:43:56 PM »

Hi VictoryV

That's reassuring to read. I'm definitely not doing well right now, but was better a week or so ago. Maybe be end of month 2, there will be more change? It's only end of month 1. My worst symptoms are anxiety and worrying thoughts, insomnia and lack of energy. I wonder if I'll need some T at some point.

So interesting that you noticed a change going up to 3 pumps. Maybe that's the answer for me.

Hi Winter, there doesn’t seem to be any right way of doing this as we all respond to HRT so differently. It’s brilliant that you feel better today than a week ago. Insomnia magnifies everything, I hope you can get a couple of good nights rest under your belt as no sleep leads the vicious circle.
Sending hugs.
V.x

sheila99

« Reply #36 on: September 29, 2021, 04:26:00 PM »

Hi VictoryV

My worst symptoms were anxiety and insomnia. They seem to need a build up of oestrogen, it took 3 months for me. As long as long as it's going in the right direction I'd be inclined to stick to the dose you're on and give it time to work before changing things.
Pages: 1 2 [3]