Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: From EstroGel to Lenzetto -experiences/advice  (Read 10329 times)

EllaAurora

From EstroGel to Lenzetto -experiences/advice
« on: September 24, 2021, 02:33:42 PM »

Hello ladies,
I remember reading in the forum that quite many have switched to Lenzetto spray recently. I'd be interested to hear your experiences -I know we're all different but still always good to hear from other people how it went.

I'm on EstroGel at the moment for 8weeks. I've increased the dose 3,5 weeks ago and I'm getting somewhat better, but still not feeling back to normal or good. We've discussed with doctor that I'll give the gel a few more weeks and then if no improvement still, will switch to Lenzetto. I know it can take time before things settle, so I don't want to rush with the switch but at the same time i'm already starting to think about that too.

My main questions are: how to do the switch -should one wait for a period? Or just switch on the go? And what could be the equivalent dose? I'm on 2.5 pumps of Estrogel, but would this be 1 or 2 sprays? I'm quite concerned about starting too low, so maybe it would be two sprays then.

Thank you lovely ladies for your advice again! xx

Floo36

Re: From EstroGel to Lenzetto -experiences/advice
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2021, 09:37:44 AM »

Hi Ella, if you are improving on the gel but not quite there yet wouldn’t it be best to increase the gel rather than changing to Lenzetto? 

I’ve tried all the transdermals.  Lenzetto is weaker than the gel but again it depends how much you absorb from the different types so it’s hard to make a comparison. 

Lenzetto is more like one pump of gel.

Nas

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2021, 05:08:39 PM »

Lenzetto is weak stuff I’ve discovered. 3 sprays equates to a roughly a50mg patch.

I hope it works for you xx

sheila99

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2021, 06:37:28 PM »

Really? I thought 1 spray was equivalent to 2 pumps oestrogel and that one of the drawbacks of lenzetto is that it isn't easy to change gradually (no half sprays). Try the Newson website, there's a page with comparisons somewhere which should have the information you need.

Nas

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2021, 06:59:31 PM »

That’s what Chelsea and Westminster hospital told me and also what the founder of the menopause matters face book group revealed at the beginning of September, after she had a meeting with the manufacturers of lenzetto. That it is a weaker product than previously thought and 3 sprays equals 50mg.

Gilla999

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2021, 08:01:14 PM »

There is a lot of debate about strength of Lenzetto... From what I've observed people saying it really is a case of which your body absorbs best. Oestrogel and Estradot didn't work for me but Lenzetto did.

Nas

« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2021, 08:21:12 PM »

Totally agree Gilla.

We are all so different and what works for one, doesn’t for the other. Glad lenzetto worked for you. It’s so easy to administer,  isn’t it?

EllaAurora

« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2021, 09:18:46 AM »

Hi Ella, if you are improving on the gel but not quite there yet wouldn’t it be best to increase the gel rather than changing to Lenzetto? 

I’ve tried all the transdermals.  Lenzetto is weaker than the gel but again it depends how much you absorb from the different types so it’s hard to make a comparison. 

Lenzetto is more like one pump of gel.

Hi Floo, you are right and I'm still trying with the gel as the idea of changing again is freaking me out to be honest. I increased the dose soon 4 weeks ago and am thinking to do a tiny increase starting today. I am super sensitive to fluctuations and have had issues with too fast absorption so I need to take these things really slow.

At the moment I'm still struggling with feeling that dose is wearing off too soon (before the next dose), but when I tried splitting am/pm, I felt adding the morning dose was causing fast heart rate and a feeling of 'rush' which was very uncomfortable and lasted until noon, so now I'm back to applying in the evening only. I also feel its difficult with the gel to apply it exactly to same size area and in the same way every day. For most people I"m sure this would not matter, but I can feel even the smallest fluctuation, so therefore thinking it might be easier with Lenzetto as there is only one way you can use the spray and the area is exactly the same every day. 

Reading the comments from all ladies (thanks so much!!) I get the feeling that Lenzetto tends to be in general a weaker product, but that absorption is very individual, as of course with all products. Product being weaker/milder per se would not be an issue for me as anyway I don't need high doses of oestrogen, but I need the dose to be very stable and absorbed in an even way. But it seems very difficult to know which dose to start with.  ??? I'm dreading the idea of having a drop on oestrogen level as last time it happened this Spring it made me very ill for a long time, so perhaps I'd start with 2 sprays. All in all switching sounds a bit too scary right now so I'll continue with the gel for a few more weeks and see how I get on.

Chrixx

« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2021, 09:25:20 AM »

There is a lot of debate about strength of Lenzetto... From what I've observed people saying it really is a case of which your body absorbs best. Oestrogel and Estradot didn't work for me but Lenzetto did.

I have just moved fro. Estradot 75 to Lenzetto 1 pump.but now feeling groggy. How many pumps/sprays are you taking? And how much estradot were you on?

Nas

« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2021, 09:35:34 AM »

Chrixx, I also would like to move to lenzetto from evorel 75, but no clue what dose to start with. If it’s true that three sprays equals 50mg patch,  then how do we work out 75? Or maybe it doesn’t work like that? 🤷‍♀️
« Last Edit: September 26, 2021, 09:50:00 AM by Nas »

VictoryV

« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2021, 09:50:22 AM »

The difference between 1 spray and 3 is huge! I feel I’ve got the balance right with gel and don’t want to upset the apple cart yet I’d love the convenience and accuracy that Lenzetto appears to offer. It’s taking 30 mins to dry the gel daily and I’m covering my thighs and down to my calves of both legs, keeping a puppy away whilst it dries is awkward. I wish I’d started on the spray.

Floo36

« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2021, 09:55:23 AM »

My menopause doctor is Louise Newson thankfully and we have spoken about the different types and strengths because I’ve been on them all.  One spray of Lenzetto does seem to be closer or less than one pump of gel but individual absorption comes into play, you may absorb the gel fully but only 10% of the spray for instance or vice versa, it is trail and error.  Ella the spray in my experience as I’m still using it doesn’t give exactly the same each time either I’ve noticed this when I look at where I have sprayed each time, someone else mentioned it somewhere.  I think once you are on enough Estrogen you shouldn’t really notice too much but then we are all so different.  I do know that if something is working keep going with it otherwise you could go backwards. 

Floo36

« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2021, 09:57:10 AM »

Victory v if you rub the gel in it only takes a few minutes in total before dressing, could you try rubbing it in and see if it still works for you?

VictoryV

« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2021, 10:03:34 AM »

Thanks Floo36, I thought I was rubbing it in! I’m late putting it on today so am about to now, I’ll rub in more thoroughly.
Pages: [1] 2 3