Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Covid vaccine and hair dye .  (Read 2190 times)

Carol

Covid vaccine and hair dye .
« on: September 23, 2021, 02:06:55 PM »

I recently posted about Livial and hair loss. I thought the loss was connected to the Livial but also wondered if Covid had played a part too. I tested positive and was ill for two weeks at the beginning of May. I had a pfizer jab in the middle of June and then had highlights at a new hair salon on July 1st. She used Olepex and did a good job, she did a patch test a couple of days before and it went fine. On 19th July I had my second pfizer jab. One week later my hair went very static, frizzy and dry. It started to fall in the shower. It was very distressing and I wanted to know why this was happening. My Doctor thought it wasn't Livial but suggested I stop for a month. I have had blood tests and I'm awaiting results. I also thought it might also be covid related but this morning on the radio it said women were finding that they were having problems concerning hair dye. Since having the vaccine or covid they have found that they have experienced allergic reactions and hair loss. My scalp was tender and pink for a while but that's calmed down. Also, fingers crossed the hair loss seems to have stopped eight weeks after it started. Was it covid, the vaccine or Livial or a combination of all of them ? !  Anyone else who has had any hair connected problems concerning the above please ?

getting_old

Re: Covid vaccine and hair dye .
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2021, 04:04:08 PM »

I had a lot of hair loss a little while ago, around the time of my Pfizer jab. I had my hair coloured around that time too, but I thought the hair loss was a delayed reaction to the surgery I'd had earlier in the year. I did a bit of research and it said it could happen, but now I'm wondering if it was vaccine related. I'm still losing a bit, but it's better than before.

Dierdre

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2021, 05:53:16 PM »

This has been in the news today warning hairdressers to redo swab tests even if they have used the dye before on a client as its causing allergic reaction and burning on people who have had covid.  Could be causing other problems maybe?
« Last Edit: September 23, 2021, 05:55:06 PM by Dierdre »

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2021, 06:20:01 PM »

I saw the headline but haven't read it yet.  Immune systems can take a while to get back to 'normal'. 

Carol

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2021, 05:56:55 PM »

Yes, I looked in to it too and any surgery, shock, virus etc can cause your hair to go into telogen effluvium which basically means its when stress causes hair roots to go into a prematurely resting state, apparently about as many as 70% of scalp hairs are then shed in large numbers about 2-3 months after the "shock". Thankfully its a temporary thing and new hair continues to grow but it can take months for it to look thick and full again. I blames covid and it seemed to tie in but then so does the pfizer vaccs. Exactly a week after the second injection my hair fell out and my scalp felt tender and looked a bit red. I did have a patch test 48 hours prior to the colouring but I didn't react. If it is anything to do with your body responding to the vaccine then it will be kept quiet because they won't want to worry people and give them a reason not to have the vaccine. Who knows but whatever caused it I am very nervous about having highlights again ! I will have to eventually do something though because the roots are slowly becoming obvious....

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2021, 06:57:51 PM »

'they'  :-\

There's been a a lot of info. out there as different scenarios pop up.  I stopped having my hair dyed and like 'the look '  :-*.  Why not grow it out?  U might like the result ;-)

Dorothy

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2021, 03:27:59 PM »

I had what I suspect was Covid back at the beginning of 2020 before they were testing widely (ticked all the boxes and I've never been so ill in my life), and my hair came out in handfuls afterwards.

Any severe stress can cause hair loss and other hair problems (I lost enormous amounts after a car accident over 20 years ago too) so I wouldn't be surprised if either Covid or the vaccine was creating the problem.

CLKD

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2021, 05:14:06 PM »

The body puts itself into survival and recovery mode mayB?