Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: utrogestan - how long for side effects to go?  (Read 892 times)

appey

utrogestan - how long for side effects to go?
« on: September 22, 2021, 07:14:01 AM »

Morning
I’ve been having trouble with utrogestan that has been making me very nauseous and sick. I’ve been taking 100mg at night. The nausea really kicked in about 10 days ago. I’ve been on it for about 5 weeks, mainly with oestrogel, that I’m also having trouble with. My menopause consultant has said to stop everything for a few days until the nausea goes away and then we’re starting a new regime. I last took a tablet on Sunday night. What I forgot to ask her was how long that might take, particularly as I’ve often had a bit of early morning nausea before I started hrt! And might it get worse before it gets better?
I’ve read some other old similar threads but just wondered if anyone has had some recent experience of this?
Thank you

Winter

Re: utrogestan - how long for side effects to go?
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2021, 08:00:50 AM »

I had nausea when I started HRT after about 5 days. It went on for a while after that, but was linked with the gel. I've had all sorts of tiny niggles in my first month - pain in armpit for one day, nausea, moods, itchy skin, but sticking with it because I need help!

sheila99

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2021, 08:20:21 AM »

Have you tried taking utro vaginally?

appey

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2021, 06:13:21 AM »

We haven’t discussed vaginal use.
She wants me to stop everything until the nausea goes.
I felt so much better on Tuesday and not bad yesterday nausea wise, but have had a horrid night of feeling nauseous, along with stomach cramps. I guess just stopping everything all at once is bound to throw my body all over the place but the nausea is really getting me down and making me paranoid (my permanent state at the moment) that this isn’t hormones at all but something else!

sheila99

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2021, 09:01:10 AM »

Nausea can be hormone related but I get it because of damage to my inner ear. Vaginal use avoids digestive issues such as bloating. I'm not certain if it will sort out the nausea but I would have thought it's worth a try. It's off licence this way in the UK though not in the rest of Europe so your gp may not be able to recommend it.

appey

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2021, 09:06:12 AM »

Thank you
I’d best not go against my consultants advice at the moment. We do have a plan for when the nausea subsides, I just hope I don’t have to wait too long for it to settle. It’s just ‘there’ all the time at the moment 😞