Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Which chemist chain stocks Provera in the UK?  (Read 667 times)

Julia Dizzy

Which chemist chain stocks Provera in the UK?
« on: September 21, 2021, 01:48:55 PM »

Hi, I am in Bolton in the North West and my chemist chain can't order Provera 5mg, as their suppliers say they have none in stock. According to the BMS website Pfizer have them in stock.
I am hoping to trial these as I have just started chemo, and trying to take my Utrogestan at night on an empty stomach in conjunction with chemo tablets on a full stomach is a bit of a pain!
I have rung a couple of other local chemists but they don't have them either.
Any suggestions anyone? Thanks x

sheila99

Re: Which chemist chain stocks Provera in the UK?
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2021, 05:52:55 PM »

Can't help with provera but if you use utro vaginally it doesn't matter what state your stomach is in. Just push it up as far as you can before you get onto bed. Hope the chemo goes well.

Wrensong

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2021, 06:02:04 PM »

If vaginal Utro isn't an option, is there an independent pharmacy you could try for the Provera?  I get mine (2.5mg though) from an independent & they have also been able to get hold of other meds for me the chains have been unable to supply.  The pharmacist told me they are not tied in to contracts with suppliers & can ring around to get what's prescribed.  Another thought is, if there's a shortage of the 5mg could the pharmacy get hold of either 2.5 or 10mg if your GP were to do a new script for you?  You could double up on the 2.5mg or halve the 10mg (but check with the pharmacy the latter are scored or at least splittable - I haven't been able to find that detail looking very quickly on the web this evening - sorry short of time for more).  Good luck with it Julia, I hope you manage to get what you need without too much more hassle, as I'm sure that's the last thing you need right now.
Wx
« Last Edit: September 22, 2021, 08:18:28 AM by Wrensong »

Julia Dizzy

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2021, 11:03:19 AM »

Thank you ladies, I tried Utro vaginally once but had a slight bleed, so went back to oral. I shall have a ring round and see what I can find out about Provera.x