Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Exercise and need for more oestrogen?  (Read 869 times)

EllaAurora

Exercise and need for more oestrogen?
« on: September 20, 2021, 04:44:55 PM »

Hi ladies,

I've noticed recently that when I am doing exercise, especially high intensity with lots of sweating and high heart rate, I'm feeling as if my oestrogen would be dropping lower the following night and day. I wonder if anyone has experienced the same and if there is any logic behind this or its just a coincidence. I've noticed this now a few times, latest yesterday. I was doing high intensity cardio training and during the workout felt great. But then last night I had night sweats which I don't usually have any longer (thanks to HRT), was waking up several times during the night, and today my mood has been very low, kind of flat and feeling like low oestrogen. This doesn't make any sense as I'd assume feeling better after a good workout, not worse..  ::) I am keeping my dose very stable and applying gel in the evening, so that cannot explain it.

I am wondering if hard exercise somehow 'burns' the oestrogen more rapidly and we'd need more during those days? Or perhaps its just one of the weird things related to the peri/meno, which I just don't understand..  :P

Thanks for your support. xx

Lamplighter

Re: Exercise and need for more oestrogen?
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2021, 09:33:52 PM »

Hi EllaAurora - yes in my internet research travels I've come across references to exericise lowering oestrogen levels.  I can't remember where I've read this (in several different sites) nor the reasons why (but it certainly made me think twice about recommencing my running - currently waiting for hip problems to diminish).

I'd be interested to hear if anyone on here knows why this should be (seems counter-intuitive doesn't it?)

LL

Curly T

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2021, 11:21:16 AM »

Hi EllaAurora,

I am currently on sequential HRT Estrodot patch and Utrogestin.  I do high-intensity cardio training and few times a week and find that my Estrogen levels drops almost straight after I have finished exercising, this dip lasts for the rest of the day.  This has been happening to me for a while. I am left feeling anxious and emotional.  I thought about topping up with Estrogel after my training but I feel the slightest change in my HRT, generally not in a good way. I hope that you can find a solution that works for you :)

xx

Winter

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2021, 11:49:06 AM »

I definitely think this is true. It's hard to say whether it's iron levels or oestrogen, but I feel awful after exercise, which is slightly better on my first month of HRT.