Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Quick question re alcohol  (Read 1053 times)

Sherbet4

Quick question re alcohol
« on: September 21, 2021, 06:48:44 AM »

Hello,

I’m back again with more questions, sorry!

I’m getting used the the utrogestan now and not drowsy or spaced out anymore, I started on day 15 and my period started on the same day (fun 😂) and has now finished (yesterday) I have taken 8 days of utrogestan so far.

I’m staying in London tomorrow for my daughter’s birthday and we haven’t seen each other for ages. I’d really like to have a few drinks but from a search on here it seems that alcohol doesn’t mix well.

Could I miss a couple of days tablets so that I could have a little tipple? It would be really nice to be able to have a few drinks with her rather than sit there with an orange juice 😂

sheila99

Re: Quick question re alcohol
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2021, 08:35:00 AM »

I would have skipped utro altogether and started counting again with the first day of your bleed as day 1. It's the withdrawal of progesterone that brings on the bleed so your own body has already done it making the utro unnecessary and I wonder if taking it may interfere with the bleed.
  I haven't noticed any difference taking alcohol while on utro.

Sherbet4

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2021, 09:41:04 AM »

Yes, that was my thinking but when I called the dr she told me to take it regardless. It’s a bit annoying to think that I may have yet another period as soon as I stop taking it in a few days!

I’m not sure what to do now.

sheila99

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2021, 12:23:42 PM »

Mine doesn't know what to advise for anything non standard and I guess they have to err on the side of caution. I have a natural 6 week cycle and fitting it into a 4 week cycle (patch) resulted in bleeding at any time, sometimes twice in a month, sometimes not at all. Now on utro so I can stick to my own cycle length and it's much better.
Given that this cycle is already messed up I don't think it matters too much what you do. There may not enough build up to bleed anyway. Missing an odd bleed won't do you any harm. Personally if you still have fairly regular bleeds of your own I would fit the hrt around your own cycle. Not sure stopping for a couple of days is a good idea though, your body is probably confused enough as it is.

Sherbet4

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2021, 01:05:30 PM »

Thank you for replying. I’m wondering if I should now just wait until my next period and start again rather than just stop for a couple of days like you say. I’ve literally just finished my period so hopefully won’t have another bleed if I stop now and I can wait until the next natural bleed rather than keep going and have yet another period in a few days. (Is that what you meant in your reply?)
Does that sound like the best option?  Sorry I know it’s tricky to advise.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2021, 01:07:29 PM by Sherbet4 »

sheila99

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2021, 03:25:05 PM »

Are your bleeds still pretty regular? If they are I'd do as you suggest and wait for the next one. But if you may have to wait weeks for the next one you might want to take utro again in the interim.

Sherbet4

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2021, 04:24:52 PM »

They are reasonably regular. They can be late or early and last month I finished one and then had another period 2 weeks later. I’ve only ever had one big gap where I missed one completely but they obviously started up again. I’ve started keeping track now I’m on hrt but I only started it recently.

Grheliz1

« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2021, 05:04:21 PM »

I don't remember any issues with moderate drinking when I was on Utrogestan. I'm talking about a small glass (125ml) or even two.

Flan747

« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2021, 07:26:27 PM »

I too have alcohol when taking Utrogestron! Although some days I do wake with a headache so not sure if it’s the alcohol or symptoms of peri?