Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: First period on HRT - wow  (Read 709 times)

Winter

First period on HRT - wow
« on: September 21, 2021, 11:47:24 AM »

I was awoken at 3.30am with terrible period pain - have been taking pain killers. It's also far heavier than before (have had an ablation) - please please tell me this settles after a few cycles - this is my first month on HRT - I feel rubbish mentally today too, and had been feeling a bit better. I just need a bit of reassurance.

Taz2

Re: First period on HRT - wow
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2021, 12:02:09 PM »

Hi Winter. Yes my first two were like that. By the third month it was much better and after that the bleeds were light and lasted around three days. I'm not sure whether having had an ablation affects things though. I hope it soon settles for you.

Winter

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2021, 01:05:28 PM »

Thanks Taz, did you have the dark mood also - I feel awful. Just today though, bit out of blue.

Taz2

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2021, 01:18:21 PM »

Yes I did feel like that but put it down to the pain and the bleeding - I wasn't expecting it and had to drive to work with a hot water bottle jammed between my legs and all tamponed and padded up! I did find that Nurofen helped with the bleeding - it contains something that can stem menstrual bleeding. Hopefully you will feel better tomorrow.

:hug:

mandss

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2021, 01:26:32 PM »

When I first started on HRT 3 years ago my bleeds were painful but not overly heavy. Fast forward 3 years and another try a HRT and the first 2 bleeds were the worst of my life. Ended up in hospital this time. Now waiting to see a gyne consultant before deciding whether to go back on the HRT. Good luck with next month, I will be interested in your progress.