Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Correct Provera dose for Estradot 50 patch on a conti regime?  (Read 738 times)

Julia Dizzy

Correct Provera dose for Estradot 50 patch on a conti regime?
« on: September 16, 2021, 02:59:10 PM »

Hi,
I am currently on Utrogestan 100mg every night orally with a twice weekly Estradot 50 patch. I am 65 and still have my womb and have been on this regime for 2 years.

I am starting chemo on Monday after my bowel cancer operation. I will struggle to take my Utrogestan on an empty stomach in conjunction with the twice daily chemo tablets, which have to be taken 12 hours apart with food. I will have to set a timetable for when I can get up, eat and sleep!
I spoke to my Christie's consultant about it and she suggested asking Gp if I could stop it for 3 months?

I thought instead I would ask my GP for Provera, as you can apparently take it anytime with or without food, then at least I will still be getting womb protection.

I read on the Chelsea and Westminster hospital info that a conti dose of Provera is 5mg. Is this correct? I took Indivina 1/2.5mg tablets for 1 year 10 years ago and that is the same progesterone and I was fine on it then.

Any advice much appreciated! Thank you x

Jasmine20

Re: Correct Provera dose for Estradot 50 patch on a conti regime?
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2021, 09:40:46 PM »

Hi Julia

You've got a hell of a lot on your plate at the moment.

I've taken a look at the info on this website and it says either 2.5mg or 5mg of Provera can be prescribed for a conti regime.

Do update us on how you get on with your treatment next week.

All the best!