Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Newbie Sept.21  (Read 1016 times)

Mrswoz67

• First Flush
Newbie Sept.21
« on: September 15, 2021, 12:57:55 PM »

Hi,  I am new to website but started on this road back in Feb 2018 when diagnosed by doctor. I was 51 then,  was prescribed Elleste which did improve my wellbeing after 2 months, but then Brexit happened and was told this HRT was hard to come by now and needed to swap.  Doctor put me on Femostan, it seemed to work ok but I did have occasional night sweats which I could cope with as long as my mood swings were under control but my periods were still very heavy and some months I could not do swimming or gym due to the heavy flow.    Then Jan/Feb 2021 my mood swings, sleepless nights, sweats started to creep back and hubby said you have to go see doc, you cannot go on like this.   I had a new doctor by then and their attitude was great, so they decided to try me on the gel and tablet combination.   So far I have been on this for 7 weeks, mood swings have improved but had a good few weeks of crying for nothing really, sweats were not every night.  But my period, well the first month I had a period after 15 days which should have happened after taking the 25th pill and then I had another period when I started taking the pills again after the 3 day break!   I thought I would wait until the next month to see if this happened again and what a surprise,  day 17 I started bleeding again not heavy as of yet but I do not know what to do now.   I read some of the posts on here about this method of HRT saying it will take a while for it to work.   The doctor said this method should stop my periods completely but now I am having double trouble hahahaha.
I have a long way to go before it all stops,  as only 54.   I try and be up beat about it as best I can but the crying outbursts is quite embarrassing especially when we are out in public.   Any advice or just to chat to someone would be good,  as there is only so much my hubby can help with hahaha.
Thank you

Dotty

Re: Newbie Sept.21
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2021, 01:46:47 PM »

Hi if you are still in peri menopause it’s best to take the Utrogestan for 12 days from days 15-26 of your cycle. The dose you have been given is for post menopause. Unfortunately hrt will not stop bleeding . x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2021, 02:51:39 PM »

Some ladies get bleeds until the HRT kicks in.

MayB keep a mood/food/symptom diary to chart progress.  Let us know how you get on?  Do read the 'bladder issues' and 'vaginal atrophy' threads too.  Make notes ;-)

:welcomemm:

Suzysheep

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2021, 05:47:33 PM »

I cry randomly all the time… you’re not alone.
The other day I could only manage to take my dog for a walk around the block as my anxiety was really high…. When my husband got home I cried and cried as I felt our dog ‘ had a boring life’ …… I mean… what?? 
I hold back tears several times a day… in shops, in the car, on a walk, eating tea etc….. just keep reminding yourself it will pass xxx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2021, 07:32:49 PM »

Your dog loves you.  If you can't take her/him for a walk, about lots of games : I used to throw dried food around the garden for her to hunt.  Or under cushions if it was raining.  Some dogs like tuggy, my JR would pull a rubber ring for hours  ::).  Some like chasing balls etc..  U know what your dog enjoys. 

Crying is good: if Nature hadn't meant us to cry she wouldn't have given us feelings ;-). It's hormonal.  The night B4 a period I would sob even if a bleed wasn't due  ::)

Mrswoz67

• First Flush
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2021, 09:51:55 AM »

I cry randomly all the time… you’re not alone.
The other day I could only manage to take my dog for a walk around the block as my anxiety was really high…. When my husband got home I cried and cried as I felt our dog ‘ had a boring life’ …… I mean… what?? 
I hold back tears several times a day… in shops, in the car, on a walk, eating tea etc….. just keep reminding yourself it will pass xxx

Thank you Suzysheep,  some days I get very angry and feel like punching something, not that I do!!   Holding back tears is very hard and if someone says to me,  "you ok, you look upset" I feel I want to just burst out crying but i know I can't and pretend I had something in my eye, just make an excuse to cover it.  Sometimes it works sometimes I can see they don't believe me.   But you cannot go round telling everyone especially at work, when all but one person and myself is over 50, as they will not understand being in their twenties!!

At times I just need someone to talk to, I have older sisters but both of them are going through their own troubles one with cancer and other with other medical issues.   I tell my sons who are in their twenties but its not quite the same even though they are sympathetic .

Suzysheep,  we had a dog which he did help me, always come for cuddle or try to lick my face when I was crying but unfortunately we lost him before Covid lockdowns last year. He always made me smile every day with his excitement and wagging his tail when I come into the room.  He also helped my hubby through his depression a few years back.  I feel dogs are a good source of medication, so to speak, we both felt he was a purpose to keep going. 

Thank you for replying to my post x