Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Post meno spotting - 6 months wait for biopsy  (Read 954 times)

Lesley66

Post meno spotting - 6 months wait for biopsy
« on: September 16, 2021, 03:01:03 PM »

Hi All

I posted a few weeks back regarding post meno spotting. Last period was 6 years ago. Had scan and had thickening of lining of endometrium - 7mm. Dr referred me for biopsy etc, hospital been in touch and my info has been triaged, deemed non urgent and I'm on the waiting list for 6 months time.

Spoke to my GP this morning and he says that although he thought I should be on 2 week pathway. He says maybe the triage have seen something he hasn't and this could hence be perfectly acceptable. He says he will get one of his admin staff to contact the hospital for further info.

I was under the impression that I should be fastracked. I'm 55. Any advice?

Taz2

Re: Post meno spotting - 6 months wait for biopsy
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2021, 05:35:03 PM »

When I was told my lining was a 'little high' at 7 I wasn't referred for biopsy as the thickness was 'uniform' and if it had contained darker patches this would have been followed up. I was on HRT though.

I didn't understand how much they could tell from the initial scan so it could be that the thickness shows no worrying signs.

Lesley66

Re: Post meno spotting - 6 months wait for biopsy
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2021, 10:48:38 AM »

Thanks for reply. GP been in touch with hospital and now scheduled for next week. I think with age/PMB it has to be referred regardless under two week rule xx