Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: HRT stopped working? Could really use some advice :(  (Read 4768 times)

Gilla999

Re: HRT stopped working? Could really use some advice :(
« Reply #30 on: September 07, 2021, 05:42:48 PM »

OMG exactly Shannon! It's so hard when you're in the middle of a bad patch to ride it out or "accept" it. I go into overdrive trying to fix it instead which I know isn't always the best approach.

I do feel in this instance that it may have been to do with low Prog.. I've definitely got the high E symptoms you describe really accurately below and I had already been thinking my P might be too low for the dose of Lenzetto I'm on. I wouldn't be against trying DIM in the future but I'm going to focus on trying to balance my P first of all.

Thanks again ladies for all your help xxx

Floo36

« Reply #31 on: September 09, 2021, 08:11:04 AM »

Nervousness, constipation, depressed etc are all symptoms of low Estrogen for me.  When I am having major fluctuations I become panicky and feel jumpy and shaky like I’m riding a bike over cobbles.  Fluctuations and low Estrogen can be brutal. 

Unfortunately only you can work out what is going on by trial and error, it takes time for some of us which is tough when we are so ill from our peri menopause. 

Gilla999

« Reply #32 on: September 09, 2021, 09:16:32 AM »

So true, Floo. It really is a case of trial and error isn't it. After having a couple of good nights on 2.5 sprays I tried dropping back down to 2 sprays as a test and once again I woke up at 4am again last night as it was before, so it's looking like perhaps it is the extra Estrogen I need after all. And it's not just a case of waking up... waking up to go to the toilet or something is very normal, but during those normal nights it's a "stumble there and back half asleep" kind of thing, where as this is BANG wide awake at 2am or 4am and not getting back to sleep at all.  It's a very different sensation.

It confuses me that Estrogen causes me such severe weight gain and constipation, but I do seem to need a certain level of it still. Perhaps my Progesterone just isn't high enough to balance out the level of Estrogen I need so I will work on that.

I am a bit worried about the future and how much Estrogen I seem to need, given that I'm only 42!! But I'll cross that bridge when I come to it  :o

Floo36

« Reply #33 on: September 10, 2021, 07:04:59 AM »

Try not to worry about the amount of Estrogen you may need. I’m on roughly the equivalent of 5 x 100 patches and still not there yet, I don’t absorb much from any form.  You need as much as you need to treat your symptoms.  I was really worried not only about the amount but what if I couldn’t get the hrt with supply issues because I have been very ill from my peri menopause.  It’s a double whammy if you don’t absorb and you need the higher level to feel well.

Perhaps give it more time to settle then if you still have symptoms increase.  The fluctuations in peri make it more difficult to find the balance.

Gilla999

« Reply #34 on: September 10, 2021, 08:22:32 AM »

Floo can I ask - when you say you don't absorb much, have you reached that conclusion from blood test results or something else (eg a DUTCH test). It is reassuring to know others are needing higher doses. xx

Floo36

« Reply #35 on: September 12, 2021, 09:49:47 AM »

I did do a lot of blood tests on different transdermals and then when I was on a combination of gel, patch, spray I ended up doing eight, seven were high or extremely high and the eighth one showed low Estrogen, I was lucky to get the low one because of fluctuations.  That’s why in peri you need to go on symptoms.  It was driving me crazy getting high readings all the time but still being very ill, I may have never got a low one but thankfully I did which proved the high readings were just fluctuations.

Also with the different types the dose would keep increasing but my symptoms never improved not even a little bit so I guess that also proves it without the blood tests.  I was on 12 pumps of gel once and absolutely no change in symptoms.  It’s so difficult to work it out in peri because of your own hormones. 
Pages: 1 2 [3]