Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: What can I expect on Elleste Duet 1mg?  (Read 666 times)

FunkyFrankie

What can I expect on Elleste Duet 1mg?
« on: September 24, 2021, 02:30:40 PM »

Hello, fellow hormonal women!  At age 54, after about six years of trying to “do things naturally”, I’ve finally started HRT.   I’m on day 3 of Elleste Duet 1mg.  No effects at all so far.   Are there any ladies out there with positive experiences of this brand of HRT?  I know it will maybe take at least a month to notice a change, but please, tell me the crazy sweats will lessen, and tell me my horrendous irritability will diminish!  Give me hope! Thank you   :)

Mogster71

Re: What can I expect on Elleste Duet 1mg?
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2021, 03:40:38 PM »

Hi Frankie  :)

You're right, it can take a while for things to settle but I believe the vasomotor (flushing) symptoms are one of the first to go. I'm almost 50 and have been on HRT for about 2.5 years now, am on a medium dose of patches but it's pretty normal for doctors to prescribe 1mg level first and then work up if you need a bit more oestrogen to ease your symptoms.

Horrendous irritability I'm afraid speaking personally I do still get the odd "RARRRRRR" kind of day  ;D but I don't get quite so many teary days as I used to.

I hope you start to see some changes soon, keep us posted x

FunkyFrankie

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2021, 03:45:04 PM »

Thank you so much for replying and making me laugh, too!  I’m just new to all this and frankly a bit terrified of what monster I might turn into.  Bear in mind I’m taking HRT because I’m already a bit of a monster ;D
I am hoping against hope I will stop being drenched in sweat during the night and that my low mood and quick temper will lessen!  Fingers crossed!

Mogster71

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2021, 04:49:42 PM »

Hehe welcome to Monsters, Inc!  ;D
Hoping the HRT sees off those night sweats, being sleep deprived will be contributing to the less than cordial mood!
It can often help to keep a symptom diary, and fingers crossed over the next few weeks you'll start to see things improvements :)