Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Oestrogel bottles  (Read 1137 times)

boomerang

Oestrogel bottles
« on: April 02, 2024, 11:59:21 AM »

Hello 👋🏻
I’ve briefly read on here about differing Oestrogel bottles and problems people have been having.
I’ve just started HRT , currently on my third bottle of Oestrodose with an Oestrogel label stuck over it. I’ve reduced down to one pump as after 6 weeks on it I felt 2 was too much and I began getting symptoms and not feeling so good. 3 weeks on with 1 pump I feel great.
I’ve picked up my prescription today and have 3 totally different bottles, obviously proper Oestrogel but am a little worried what to expect when I start using them! Hopefully I won’t notice any difference but if anyone else has been in this situation I’d be grateful for any reassurance!
Thank you :)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Oestrogel bottles
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2024, 12:03:39 PM »

Why not ring the Pharmacy and ask?  R they different manufacturers for example? Is there any difference in the make up of the product on each bottle?

Recently I was given an antidepressant made by a different company [cheaper  >:(] and all kinds of weird and not so wonderful sensations in my head!  Weird enough, me, without any help  ;D

RebJT

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2024, 02:22:41 PM »

There's a mega thread going on here about oestrogel, if you want to have a read on there.  Many women find oestrodose much weaker than oestrogel.

boomerang

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2024, 02:56:05 PM »

Thank you for your replies. Same manufacturer and appears the same product just different branding and packaging.
Have had  a look through the thread mentioned and it seems a nightmare! So sorry to see so many people suffering and nothing being done. Interesting to note the Dose seems weaker than the Gel… will keep a close eye on symptoms when I start using it. Thanks again.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2024, 03:42:03 PM »

Let us know how you get on.  There is an on-line yellow card system to report oddities with medication .........

boomerang

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2024, 05:13:40 PM »

Will do thank you, that’s good to know: it’s so hard already trying to keep track of symptoms just starting out on the HrT journey! Keeping a diary is essential!