Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Urethral Caruncle & Bladder Issues  (Read 1575 times)

aidansrest

Urethral Caruncle & Bladder Issues
« on: September 11, 2021, 12:26:46 PM »

Hi

I posted a message several weeks ago as I had been diagnosed with a urethral caruncle/inflamed mucosal; after a period of weeks I also started suffering quite badly from bladder issues - feeling as though I needed a wee constantly, painful bladder, feeling as though it wasnt emptying.

Was prescribed vagifem and ovestin cream - still no real progress.

I saw the doctor on Thursday and she is also convinced that the swelling could be a skin issue (I have psoriasis too), and prescribed some very strong steroid cream called clobaderm.
I have used it only 3 times so far - and the caruncle/swelling has eased considerably - still feel as though I need a wee, but, as doctor thought that this was irritating my bladder too, I'm guessing the easing of caruncle symptoms will eventually help my bladder.

Fingers crossed I'm hopeful - but still using vagifem and cream too.

Sometimes doctors can be really helpful and do try to get to the bottom of the issue.

Sue

Elizabethlovejoy

Re: Urethral Caruncle & Bladder Issues
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2021, 02:14:20 PM »

So glad you have found a good doctor and are getting some relief now

aidansrest

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2021, 03:30:13 PM »

Bladder still going mad, however, only used the cream for a day and a half and the discomfort from my urethra has virtually gone. Fingers crossed my bladder will follow.

Many thanks for your best wishes

Sue

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2021, 04:30:15 PM »

MayB take pain relief to ease that nip when the spincter closes at the end of a wee?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2024, 11:19:48 AM »

Bounced for new member

SaraUK

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2024, 06:31:06 PM »

Have you had an ultrasound? I have similar bladder issues that were on and off since May last year, but continuous since November. I was prescribed vagifem daily for months. This did nothing.

I had an ultrasound recently and it showed two fibroids. So I’m waiting to discuss results. Not sure if that’s the cause of my bladder problem. Constantly feeling of fullness and need to wee.