Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Utrogestan Possible Side Effects?  (Read 890 times)

Primrose2021

• First Flush
Utrogestan Possible Side Effects?
« on: September 06, 2021, 06:09:33 PM »

Hello, just looking for advice please. 

For the past two weeks I have been taking my prescribed one Utrogestan 100 tablet each evening plus one pump of Oestrogel (GP did say I can increase to four).  I swapped from the Evorel Conti patches as I started experiencing excruciating breast tenderness, that I simply could not tolerate.

Unfortunately, I have now started to experience stomach issues (which isn’t unusual anyway) but have a bloated feeling, alternate constipation and diarrhoea, plus a general feeling of anxiety and heart fluttering, especially first thing in the morning.  I am unsure as to which (if any) product is likely to be causing the issue?  I have been reading that the Utrogestan can be used vaginally if it cannot be tolerated through the stomach, therefore was wondering whether it is worth trying this?  Can the same oral tablet still be used?  Do I need GP approval first?

Also, for what reasons would you increase the Oestrogel dosage?

It is difficult to get a GP appointment at the moment to ask for advice, and she did tell me when I swapped from the patches that it can take up to 3 months for everything to level out, but this is beginning to feel like a bit of a slog!  With the exception of the hot flushes and brain fog improving, I am still experiencing interrupted sleep and low mood. 

Oh, the joys of menopause!  Thanks in advance; any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Ravenali

• First Flush
Re: Utrogestan Possible Side Effects?
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2021, 09:37:36 AM »

Yes you can use the same Utrogestan tablet vaginally and you don't need to ask your GP.

violetbat

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2021, 11:17:15 AM »

I take mine vaginally. Doesn’t eliminate symptoms- mine manifest in pain and bloating. Like having raging painful pmt- but lessens them slightly.

LadyCC

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2021, 01:23:19 PM »

I take mine vaginally. Doesn’t eliminate symptoms- mine manifest in pain and bloating. Like having raging painful pmt- but lessens them slightly.

Hey Violetbat

I see that you get pmt symptoms through taking hRt - can I ask whether you use oestrogen too or is it just utrogestan?  I only ask because I was experiencing exactly the same with taking oestrogel/utrogestan combi but since stopping the oestrogel have fared much better albeit still working on eliminating those symptoms that can be managed by taking oestrogen