Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: At home finger-**** tests are reliable  (Read 1073 times)

KarineT

At home finger-**** tests are reliable
« on: September 10, 2021, 06:06:43 PM »

Hello,

I have done about three home finger-**** blood tests and, in my opinion, if you follow the instructions, they are reliable and don't give a false reading.  It appears that somebody on this forum suggested the opposite.  I had my oestradiol level, my thyroid and ovarian reserve (AMH - Anti Mullerian hormone level) tested via this method.  I wanted to let you know that these tests work and I can prove this.  I had the AMH level test (Menocheck) done because I wanted to know when I was going to reach the menopause.  The test didn't lie and was very accurate.  I did it in February 2020 and when the result came back,  it showed that I was already in postmenopause.  Hence, my last period was in January 2020 and I hadn't had a bleed since February 2020.  I'm now almost 19 months in postmenopause.  This is my experience and I'd like to hear about yous.

Gilla999

Re: At home finger-**** tests are reliable
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2021, 06:50:27 PM »

Hi Karine - may be what I have said has been misinterpreted if you are referring to my comments  :) They definitely can be accurate! Before starting HRT I also had accurate tests this way. But the potential for contamination if you are using HRT is very high. I did two that came back with readings circa 55,000 pmol, even after wearing plastic gloves for two weeks prior when using my HRT. When followed up with a venous blood test the actual reading was 350. MediChecks have confirmed to me that contamination is very possible with HRT and finger **** tests. I didn't mean they will always be inaccurate though of course  :)  I've also had accurate ones in the past. Just that it's possible when you're using HRT xx
« Last Edit: September 10, 2021, 06:52:24 PM by Gilla999 »

KarineT

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2021, 07:53:33 PM »

Sorry for the misunderstanding.  I see what your saying now.  In this case it won't affect me as I'm not on HRT.  Someone on HRT is probably better off with a blood test done by a medical professional.  I will test my oestrogen level again to see if it's got lower, which it probably has.

Gilla999

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2021, 07:44:20 AM »

Yes I've definitely had reliable finger **** tests when not on HRT. And they can be reliable on HRT too, if you can somehow manage to avoid getting HRT on your fingers which I haven't been able to!

xxxx