Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Estradot 50 mcg equivalent…  (Read 745 times)

Teresa

Estradot 50 mcg equivalent…
« on: September 04, 2021, 06:15:43 PM »

Hi,
I hope someone will kniw this, Is Estradot 50mcg the same equivalent as the oestrogen element in the Elleste duet conti tablets ( 2mg/1mg) ?
My GP prescribed me 37.5mcg estradot patches and I’ve been wearing the first nearly 3 days ( I’m taking Utrogestan prog) and I feel like I need more oestrogen already. Before in the tablets, my hot flushes literally subsided within 2 days, but not this time….
I don’t think I got in with the progesterone in the tablets, as increasing side effects which is why I came off.
I want to stay in this new combination if I can, but just wanted to check that I need to up the dose?

Thankyou in advance,
Teresa

Dotty

Re: Estradot 50 mcg equivalent…
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2021, 07:16:43 PM »

The rough equivalent of Elleste Duet Conti is a 50 patch. X

Teresa

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2021, 08:24:46 PM »

Thanks Dotty,
I appreciate you coming back to me, I thought it might be…just need to convince my GP to up it now 😳
I seem to be educating them in HRT.

Thankyou,
Teresa
X

Dotty

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2021, 06:20:05 AM »

Hi Teresa if I remember rightly Elleste Duet Conti wasn’t helping all yr symptoms, therefore you may need a 75 or a 100 patch. xxx

Karensmiles

• First Flush
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2021, 06:44:11 PM »

Hi there. I was on Elleste Duet Conti until yesterday (!) and have today swapped to Evorel 50 patch plus Ustrogen 100mg daily. I THINK the 50 patch may be a slightly lower oestrogen and equal to 1mg oestrogen in a tablet (Elleste Duet Conti is 2mg).
But I’m no doctor! My GP asked if I wanted to start on a “lower” patch and then up it if necessary. Hope that helps.