Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: What helps joint pain?  (Read 1095 times)

pamabz

What helps joint pain?
« on: September 07, 2021, 01:45:39 PM »

Hello everyone,

Just looking for some advice on joint pain please.  Since coming off HRT (it was causing horrendous migraines and jaw pain) I've started getting joint pain. Crazy as it sounds I'd rather have the joint pain than the headaches and sore jaw!   ::)  This menopause lark is certainly sent to try us!

Can anyone recommend something natural that is working for them?  I'm taking Glucosamine and Chondroitin but don't feel it's making any difference although maybe it takes a while to kick in?  Acupuncture is also helping but I feel I need something natural (vitamins/minerals??) to help.

Thanks in advance for any advice.
xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: What helps joint pain?
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2021, 02:00:35 PM »

As oestrogen levels drop, the body may become dry: inside and out, as well as muscles may become lax = aches and pains.  Oestrogen is the bodies elastic.

Have U tried over the counter pain relief?  Usually taken B4 doing something stenuous, i.e. mowing the lawns, about 20 mins. B4 can help ease symptoms.  Epsom salts baths.  Gentle daily exercise to keep muscles relaxed as well as good to prevent osteoporosis . 

I find 'nurofen' solves my pain issues.  1/2 Bananas daily cured my restless leg symptoms.

Dougalina

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2021, 02:59:48 PM »

Hi,

I have found green lipped mussel to be helpful.  I get joint pains, not necessarily doing anything strenuous.  I wouldn't be happy popping nurofen on a regular basis. 

A magnesium spray helps as well, I find

Hope you get some relief

D

Postmeno3

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2021, 03:15:15 PM »

Yes, I agree about magnesium either through Epsom Salts, or transdermally in spray form. If you can't tolerate bathing in anything "harsh", you could try putting the salts in a foot bath. So long as it gets into your system transdermally, that's the important thing as it's most effective that way and is also bypassing the gut which is always better. However, I can't recommend curcumin highly enough. There is an excellent brand called East Meets West from H&B. Again, in liquid form which is the most beneficial. Good luck!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2021, 07:57:35 PM »

Green lipped mussels were used in animal pain relief years ago, I was reluctant until the active ingredient was synthesised as I don't believe in draining the sea of mussels in order to provide pain relief.  Wonder what the active ingredient might be?

Dougalina

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2021, 01:24:41 PM »

thats a great idea postmeno3, I never thought of just using a footbath! Silly me.

Haydo

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2021, 02:19:24 PM »

Glucosamine with chondroitin is good.  You need to be taking a minimum of 1000mg of glucosamine with 800 mg of chondroitin, and it can take 3 months or more to have an effect.  I would also agree with the Epsom salts /magnesium spray.  I find that as well an Epsom salt footbath or bath, using the magnesium spray directly on the affected joints and rubbing it in provides relief for me. 

I don’t know about curcumin, although I’ve heard good reports about it.  A friend of mine swears by turmeric.  I think it’s a case of trial and error and finding what works for you, like all things unfortunately!