Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: anyone struggle to believe its all menopause?  (Read 2440 times)

Nas

Re: anyone struggle to believe its all menopause?
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2021, 06:49:29 PM »

Joann
Have you seen a doctor re your nerve pain? I’m contemplating it now. Mine is in one arm and hand. Very odd. It could be carpal tunnel or RSI I’m wondering? What do you take for it? I’ve found heat patches to be quite good.

JoannFran

Re: anyone struggle to believe its all menopause?
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2021, 07:46:43 PM »

Hi ladies

Thanks for your replies.  Its so reassurring to know others are feeling the same (although I'm sorry if anyone else feels like this)!  :(

I've made a massive effort to eat better today and I absolutely feel MUCH less anxious, so I really do think this is contributing to the anxiousness.  Also I'm on day 6 of the Beta Blockers and I think they're working too.  My blood pressure has been in the high normal range today so that's helped with calming me.

I have seen a Dr re nerve pain.  She thinks that I have a lot of trapped nerves in my neck and shoulders.  I've also got squashed disks in my lower back according to pysio.  I've been using a heat pad and voltarol gel which has helped.  I've also got a book about trigger point massage and I've been trying to release the knots in my shoulder which has really eased up my arm/hand tingling (you can google trigger points and see where the pain referral is). Since massaging my shoulder and neck the pain in my ear and jaw has gone.

I'm starting CBT on friday so looking forward to seeing if that can help with my mindset and this awful awful health anxiety. 

Thank you for your advice and support ladies.  So very appreciated  :)
Pages: 1 [2]