Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Fem Seven bloated and no improvement  (Read 1169 times)

Sarah

• First Flush
Fem Seven bloated and no improvement
« on: September 06, 2021, 06:10:39 PM »

]Hi,
I'm new to the forum.
Would appreciate some advice regarding Fem7 Conti which I've taken for 3 months. 
I've had no improvement in my symptoms so far. I have major joint pain, brain fog and night sweats. My stomach has bloated out to the point where I'm struggling to fasten work trousers or jeans and its very hard to be active as I can't really bend forward easily as its so big and feels heavy.

These patches don't stick and I have to buy Tegaderm patches to put over the Fem7 to keep them on, which makes me think that I must not be getting a full dose of HRT as the patch is not actually adhered to my skin...its really just held in place with the Tegaderm.

I also have scabs in the shape of the edge of the HRT patch on my legs...GP said it was normal for some women...although she's never actually seen me in person since starting HRT.
Just worked out how to add a photo...

Does anyone think I might be better trying Gel/progesterone tablets instead?

Is there anything that can reduce the bloating?

(Originally had Evorel Conti but the patches made me feel horrendously tearful and angry).

« Last Edit: September 09, 2021, 10:12:18 PM by Sarah »

Dotty

Re: Fem Seven bloated and no improvement
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2021, 06:40:42 AM »

Hi if you’ve had no improvements after 3 months then it sounds like you’re not on the right HRT. Either you’re not getting enough oestrogen or you’re not absorbing the oestrogen properly . x

Sarah

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2021, 10:15:51 PM »

Thanks for your reply.
Its actually been 6 months now, as I was on Evorel conti originally which didn't make any difference to my symptoms, just made me feel very anxious and tearful.
I have a phone appointment with GP  tomorrow morning so I'm going to try to ask for Oestrogel this time.  Hoping she might let me have it this time and then I can be in control of my dosage, I guess?

Suzysheep

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2021, 12:55:55 PM »

Good luck, I’m sure she will let you swap.
I was the same on the conti patches, felt like super pmt! Awful.  I also had the redness where the patch was. You could be developing a sensitivity to it, so if it’s not working… it’s not for you.

Let us know how you get on x

Sarah

• First Flush
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2021, 07:49:58 PM »

Update...
I spoke to the GP this morning.

I was given a prescription for Sandrena gel and Utrogestan. The GP said Oestrogel isn't available at the moment.

I was excited to try it.

Spent all day (honestly, all day) trying to find a pharmacy with stock of either of them but no luck.

I cried with frustration and gave up.

I'm starting afresh tomorrow and am going to try and buy it online with my prescription. No idea why online pharmacies have the stock but not local ones. Even Boots haven't got it and none seem to know when they'll get it.

A few pharmacies had part stock of the Utrogestan, but I didn't see the point in messing around with bits and bats of the prescription but still no gel.
Is this a localised problem (I'm in South Yorkshire) or is anyone else having this problem?