Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Estrogel/Oestrogel - check the branding on your bottle  (Read 2554 times)

Jasmine20

Estrogel/Oestrogel - check the branding on your bottle
« on: September 06, 2021, 10:33:46 PM »

Apologies if this has been flagged up elsewhere.

I follow various menopause doctors on instagram including Dr Naomi Potter and Newson Clinic doctors and there's been a recent discussion flagging up problems with Estrogel/Oestrogel.

It seems some patients are now being prescribed the bottle without the orange swirl at the top of the label (which happened to me when I switched back to gel from a patch recently) which is called 'Oestrogel'. The previous branding was 'Estrogel' with the orange swirl.

Some women find there's no difference, many others are noticing their fatigue, joint pain, anxiety etc are returning when using the 'Oestrogel' in the new packaging. Women are being encouraged to report this to the MHRA yellow card scheme and to their GP or prescribing consultant.

« Last Edit: September 06, 2021, 11:06:18 PM by Jasmine20 »

Terri

Re: Estrogel/Oestrogel - check the branding on your bottle
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2021, 06:13:12 PM »

Hi Jasmine.

I could reply sooner as I was awaiting registration approval.

This has happened to me. 5 days in using the pump you describe, and anxiety through the roof. Other debilitating symptoms too. I’ve contacted my meno GP, had more bloods and waiting for the results. It felt more intense than before start HRT, wondered if I’ had too much E. reading posts from other forums and social media posts. it’s  becoming an issue for a lot of ladies. I’m not sure what to do. I’m 3 months on HRT and thought I was doing ok until I started on this new prescription.

VictoryV

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2021, 07:57:05 PM »

Hi, I’ve only just started HRT but have Oestrogel, the orange swirl is about halfway down the bottle. I’ve opened 8 bottles to see any differences and they are all the same. I got a pack of 3 from 3 different countries, used 1 so 8 left. The expiry date on all bottles is 04/2024. Came from Scotland, France and Switzerland.
That suggests a re-brand/change in labelling, is there any mention of this? I’m going to call Besins on Monday.

Edit- both brands (estrogel and Oestrogel) are Besins and the only thing I can see about Dr Naomi are discussions about OestroDOSE which I’ve never heard of.  :-\
« Last Edit: September 10, 2021, 08:06:15 PM by VictoryV »

Joaniepat

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2021, 09:02:41 PM »

Dr Zoe Hodson (@manchestermenopausehive) has put up a new Instragram post about this today; makes interesting reading. Effects of COVID and long COVID also mentioned. (Dr Hodson is one of Louise Newson's team.)
JP x

Trixiebell

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2021, 06:56:48 AM »

Hi , I too have been on Estrogel 12 weeks my first batch was Estrogel the prescription that I picked up recently is Oestrogel completely different labelling

I know that Besin have said that the formula hasn’t changed but a lot of women’s are finding their symptoms are returning through taking Oestrogel

I myself am not feeling the benefits of HRT still aching and not sleeping at night

Tinkerbell

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2021, 04:35:08 PM »

I have used Estrogel for ages with just the odd blip, normally during very hot weather. I picked up my prescription this afternoon and it has Oestrogel on it, with the swirl half way down, hope it is not going to give me a return of symptoms.

I got given Oestrodose on a couple of occasions over last few years and my symptoms always worsened, although i was told on this forum that was not possible!