Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Ready to quit HRT  (Read 730 times)

Jean007

• First Flush
Ready to quit HRT
« on: September 06, 2021, 05:55:43 PM »

:'( :please can somebody advise. Been on ultra low dose Femeston conti 6 months next week. Age 54 had previously gone 4 months without period, would say worst symptoms low mood, crying anxiety as in every ache pain niggle lead my mingd to tell me I had C or was dying never had this before followed by warm at night which in turn woke me up. Spoke to nurse she said because of my age could go on conti. Now have had break through bleed every 3 weeks for 6 months and am starting with my symptoms again. Can see nurse on 20th of this month. Do I stick with it for while longer, do I ask to up my dose, or do I come off and ask for anti depressants for my low mood crying.  Really don't know what to do or were I am in cycle am I peri have I reached the other side with keep bleeding, when will the bleeding stop.  I am so sorry ladies you have probably been asked the same question 100 times. Thank you for any help much appreciated.

LSmarty

Re: Ready to quit HRT
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2021, 06:04:51 PM »

Hi

Could you asked to be referred to a menopause clinic or well woman clinic,
definitely sounds like you need a higher dose

Take care
Les

Dotty

Re: Ready to quit HRT
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2021, 07:04:01 PM »

Hi as you hadn’t gone 12 months without a period, you probably need a sequential hrt, not a continuous one. Also you are on a very low dose of oestrogen and probably need a higher dose. X