Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Need some help please  (Read 1056 times)

Wannabewell

Need some help please
« on: September 05, 2021, 07:52:03 PM »

Hi ladies,

I’ve been on Oestrogel 2 pumps & Utrogestan 200mg (days 15-26 sequi) for three months.

Because my cyclical depression is not fully resolved I’ve been upped to 3 pumps of Oestrogel.

I’ve increased by half a pump for last 3 days and have felt less energy and more foggy in morning especially, just after applying.  But the most worrying thing is that I’ve gone dry around and inside my Vagina again (this had been resolved on 2 pumps and my sex drive was improved, but it’s reduced again). Also, I am having bladder issues of needing to pee but it not coming or not as much as I feel I need to .. not emptying my bladder. I have wind pressure on bladder too.

I’m so disappointed.

Should I drop back down to 2 pumps?
« Last Edit: September 05, 2021, 08:14:32 PM by Wannabewell »

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Need some help please
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2021, 08:28:54 AM »

Morning. Oh the Joys - not !   How is your diet overall, are you constipated or like me, have 'slow transit'?  If my bowel is slow it increases the need to P feelings . 

Have U treatment for those symptoms, i.e. 'vagifem' or 'ovestin'?  Do read the 'bladder issues' and 'vaginal atrophy' threads.  Make notes ;-).

It may be that you need appropriate anti-depression medication as well as HRT so that you can drop to 2 pumps.  3 mayB too many if your own hormones are waxing and waning.  HRT isn't the absolute cure for depression in some cases.

Perhaps drop to 2 pumps for this week and see how you feel overall?  It may be that you need 3 occasionally?

Wannabewell

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2021, 08:48:37 AM »

Morning  :)

Yes, the joys.  My bowels are slower at the moment and I have wind too, I can feel it pressing on my bladder area and think it’s stops me emptying the bladder fully. I’ve had this happen before and all resolves when my bowels have returned to normal.

My diet changed last week to some different foods and it did affect things, back to my usual meals now.

My dryness all over improved nicely but after a period the vagina area seems sore rather than dry.

I do think my own hormones are fluctuating in the background so I’ve reduced back down to two pumps and a bit, so not quite the extra half.

I’ve no increase in anxiety or tender breasts.

Fingers crossed it’s just a blip.

Would too much oestrogen cause dryness?

Thanks.

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2021, 12:02:34 PM »

Lack of oestrogen may cause the body to become dry, inside and out. 

At the end of each period: heavy, clotty, painful ++ : I would miss a day then have a day of brown blood with intense itching very high up.

Jasmine20

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2021, 01:53:02 PM »

I often notice my VA gets worse in the 4-5 days after a period. I don't use tampons unless absolutely necessary as that increased the soreness and switched to natural brands for sanitary towels like Natracare or TOTM.

I find too much estrogen makes me fatigued and also ramps up digestive issues like reflux and burping which I don't get on a lower dose.
It's a fine balancing act unfortunately!

I've heard of testosterone improving mood, cognitive issues and general joie de vivre. I've not tried it myself but I wonder if that's the missing piece for you?

Wannabewell

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2021, 08:14:55 PM »

Hi CLKD - thanks for that, it’s what I wanted to know regarding oestrogen and dryness, good thank you.  So, I’m thinking my period may have left me a bit sore etc. As long as I know and the dryness/soreness resolves I can deal with that.

Hi, Jasmine - thanks for that, it’s reassuring to know that the period may well have caused the issues of vaginal discomfort.  Thanks for the information regarding your experience of too much oestrogen, that’s very helpful.  I’ll bear that in mind about testosterone, thanks.

CLKD

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2021, 07:55:48 AM »

We are a Mine of info on here ;-)

Wannabewell

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2021, 08:49:28 AM »

CLKD - you sure are, it’s a fab community  :D

CLKD