Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: YesVM or vagifem for watery discharge?  (Read 1339 times)

applejack

YesVM or vagifem for watery discharge?
« on: September 05, 2021, 11:45:27 AM »

Hi - recently my oestrogen reading dropped to 75.  My MS has monitored upping the dose and I've now got it up to 250 after about two weeks, so yay!

Unfortunately the dreaded VA has reared it's head.  i've read all the VA threads on here which led me to YesVM which I started using two days ago.

At the moment my only symptoms are very watery discharge, which is horrible, and stinging on intercourse (which one dose of Yes has already helped with, so I'm hopeful of controlling that one). But obviously I want to nip this in the bud and not let it get worse. My partner has been away for over a year, has just returned and sex felt unpleasantly tight and stinging (it may be through lack of use though!)

My question is - will the YES help with the discharge as well or should I be looking to add vagifem for that - in fact, can the watery discharge part of VA be controlled at all or am I doomed to have to put up with this now? Most faqs on VA tend to focus on dryness and burning, rather than flooding like the hoover dam

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: YesVM or vagifem for watery discharge?
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2021, 12:22:40 PM »

U require 'vagifem' or 'ovestin' - VA is due to loss of oestrogen which causes the body to become dry: inside and out.

'yes' or 'sylc' are moistures 4 the outer labial areas.  VA treatment in used internally on a regular basis.  Some use 'vagifem' internally with 'ovestin' on the outer areas. 

The discharge is probably that: the body letting go of anything that has been put up there ;-).  If U have the 'hoover dam' (love it!) U may still require treatment further into the vagina.

It's Trial and Error  :-\

applejack

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2021, 12:46:09 PM »

Bleurrgh, looks like I have to contact my rubbish doctor tomorrow to get some on prescription then. I was hoping to avoid him but better do it sooner rather than later I guess- and you reckon it can turn the taps off?

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2021, 01:04:09 PM »

By trying the appropriate treatment U will C.

Is there an odour?  Is it clear ?  The vagina cleanses it's self until oestrogen drops off. Also, if you are being intimate ;-)

applejack

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2021, 01:42:04 PM »

It’s clear drying to pale yellow.

It’s started before his nibs returned but I assumed it was warm weather or something- then I read the VA threads and ran screaming from the house

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2021, 01:42:58 PM »

I hear you  ;) ....... let us know how you get on!

Taz2

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2021, 05:23:20 PM »

You can get this type of discharge with bacterial vaginosis. It's very copious and sometimes has an odour.

Taz  :)

applejack

« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2021, 07:43:04 PM »

There’s no discernible odour so hopefully I’m in the clear for that