Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Author Topic: Cortisol/palpitations/ anxiety  (Read 10033 times)

Suzysheep

Re: Cortisol/palpitations/ anxiety
« Reply #45 on: September 09, 2021, 03:41:59 PM »

Provera is the progesterone part of HRT like utrogestan or mirena coil. I’m struggling to eat with all this going on, no appetite and I also dread going to bed - will I sleep? How exhausted and anxious will I feel when I get up, this is like living in a nightmare. I think the anxiety is due to cortisol but I can’t seem to lower it. It prevents me from sleeping and wakes me up in the early hours, feel like it’s haunting me. Sending love and hugs to you all on this horrid journey x

Ahhhh right I get you.  Does progesterone help with switching off and sleep ?

It sounds like you are in a bit of a vicious cycle with sleep. The anxiety around it will keep you awake. Have you tried any herbal sleeping tablets? Rescue remedy night time melts really helped my mum and son who struggle to sleep all night.x

Michelle7474

« Reply #46 on: September 09, 2021, 03:58:11 PM »

Shell babes

As your aniexty always been that bad on HRT or was it before

I hope you get better days soon .. I know you have struggled along for quite some time now
Shame they can’t give medication to stop the cortisol surges

I sending you a massive hug & I hope you get a better sleep ..
when you lay down and close your eyes .. let your mind keep saying I’m relaxed I’m calm .. ( I’ve been told to try this and gonna start trying it tonight )

I tried the dont think don’t think .. but CBT therapist said it’s like your giving your brain a order .. so just tell it your relaxed and calm

Xxx

Shell babes

« Reply #47 on: September 10, 2021, 12:01:10 PM »

Thanks for your lovely replies.

Suzysheep - I don't think that progesterone helps me relax, it's usually the opposite but last night I did sleep a bit better with it. I still woke early with horrible surges.  Every day I just feel so exhausted and rough, like a bad hangover every day but no alcohol involved. This, in turn, makes me feel panicky and the anxiety is through the roof despite trying to ignore it.  I do have some rescue remedy so will try it tonight.  Hope you are feeling better. x

Shell - thanks for your suggestions about feeling calm etc.  I did try it last night and tried to put everything out of my head and stop my racing mind.  It seemed to work and I got off to sleep.  I still have a racing mind in the morning and all morning in fact.  It's like my brain is on overdrive.  I hope you are having a better day. x

Shell babes

« Reply #48 on: September 10, 2021, 12:03:35 PM »

Michelle - I forgot to say that although I have always been 'a bit of a worrier', I have experienced nothing like this sky high anxiety.  I have always managed to get through things and it hasn't stopped me getting on with my life. But this is like something I have never known, It's so bad, I can't breathe at times.  I know other ladies are going through the same thing, it's hard to put into words.

Shell babes

« Reply #49 on: September 10, 2021, 12:04:16 PM »

Nas - how are you doing?  are things any better. x

Suzysheep

« Reply #50 on: September 10, 2021, 12:42:51 PM »

Michelle - I forgot to say that although I have always been 'a bit of a worrier', I have experienced nothing like this sky high anxiety.  I have always managed to get through things and it hasn't stopped me getting on with my life. But this is like something I have never known, It's so bad, I can't breathe at times.  I know other ladies are going through the same thing, it's hard to put into words.

This is exactly me shell. This is a whole different beast.
Mornings are particularly hard for me too. I think it’s related to the body’s surge of corsitol or something to wake you up… that surge mixed with the high adrenaline makes for the fight or flight mode we are then trying to calm for the rest of the day.xx

Shell babes

« Reply #51 on: September 10, 2021, 01:06:44 PM »

Suzysheep - yes exactly that.  I get up and all morning my mind is racing and whizzing round, anxiety through the roof - it's uncontrollable and scares me every day. To be honest, I have started to dread getting up.  I can't work out if the HRT is causing it so tried to reduce the patch from 75 to 50 but my mood and energy levels fell to the floor. x

Michelle7474

« Reply #52 on: September 10, 2021, 01:29:45 PM »

Shell babes

Glad it help you drop off , I tried it too and dropped off although still woke up through the night as normal but it’s so much better than the racing mind

Strange how hormones can over take like that and yet not every women gets aniexty … I would never have believed it was hormones until I joined this site

I hope and pray we all get better days & I hope soon this nightmare for all is over

Do you think your HRT causes some symptoms .. have you tried changing it
My best friend is using everol Conti and is perfectly fine on it .. she used the tabs when everol was off the shelves but soon as she went back on said she feels good :) nice to hear when us women ain’t struggling
And also another friend was on HRT years ago and made her worse so she came off it … 2 years later she back on it and she feels great … & her aniexty as gone .. I was buzzing for her when she told me and slightly jel lol 😂

Suzy I’m sorry to hear your morning again , I do generally find that mornings are worse but then last night I felt it aswell but I think because I’m waiting on a period. That’s only thing I can pin point it too .. other than my body just likes me to suffer
This morning was better than yest but it’s still there .. yesturday I didn’t do much but today I’ve cracked on as normal as possible .. & sometimes that’s hard as you both know it’s overwhelming when it strikes

I hope this dont go on too much longer tho but it’s not so intense as when I first had it and when I was first off patches.

Hang in there Suzy .. you not that many weeks behind me on this rollercoaster . Hopefully your tide will start turning soon

Suzysheep

« Reply #53 on: September 10, 2021, 02:33:41 PM »

Shell, what a difficult situation you’re in with your dosage. Maybe you should try and get an appointment with your gp and see what they recommend. It might be that it’s not the right type for you. My anxiety wasn’t worse on HRT, but escalated when I came off….. but part of the reason for coming off was that the HRT made me suffer awful pmt. I was nasty, irritated and snapped at the slightest things… which I’ve never had before.

Michelle, glad to hear this morning has been better for you. … it’s odd that you went down hill a bit last night… but then you had a strange feeling yesterday anyway.

We’ve just got to keep putting one foot in front of the other ladies xx

Michelle7474

« Reply #54 on: September 12, 2021, 09:13:28 AM »

Nas
How are you feeling now ?? I hope
Some things have improved for you
Xxx

Nas

« Reply #55 on: September 12, 2021, 09:30:39 AM »

Michelle, I actually don’t think I’m going to make it.
Had a horrendous night. Bladder is highly irritated, so numerous toilet trips, hot, unable to sleep, irritable and just fed up!

The patch hasn’t worked and the next dose up makes me feel ill.
What to do?? Not a clue is the answer.

I’ve had enough. Existing rather than living.
I hope you are doing better than me ?
😢 x

Michelle7474

« Reply #56 on: September 12, 2021, 12:57:00 PM »

Ohhhh Nas I was hoping you had some more good days since this post

Sorry to hear this , is there another regime you could try ?
I’m not sure what you have it haven’t tried.

I’m just taking each day as it comes to be honest but awaiting a period as haven’t had one in 36/37 days but that could be the HRT leaving my system and my own getting back to none added kinda thing but I certainly feel that I will have one soon or could I still have all these feelings and symptoms and not have one .. I’ve never missed a cycle before they used to just come different times like closer together
my aniexty is still there although at present and for past 2 weeks not so intense although I would rather it not be there at all ( wishful thinking ) so maybe that could also be a sign of my own hormones levelling I’m not sure to be honest .. wish I was more clued up in all of this.

I wish I could suggest somthing to help you Nas ,
Is this the worst it’s been for you ?

Sending you big hugs xxx

Nas

« Reply #57 on: September 12, 2021, 02:54:18 PM »

Hi Michelle,
Thanks, yes this is worst. I haven’t the strength to keep trying new regimes. Started lenzetto today because I gave it, but in honesty, feel shocking.

So much to do house wise, need a new job which pays more, no family close by, life seems to be closing in on me! Just so low and what’s the point mentality.

I wish I was more clued up on this stuff too!

I think you sound a bit chirpier Michelle, maybe the Hrt is leaving your body and you will feel better not on it at all?

Xx

Gilla999

« Reply #58 on: September 12, 2021, 04:23:20 PM »

Nas I'm really sorry to hear you're struggling so much - I just want to send you some good vibes.

What Progesterone are you on? I do believe that the answer is about getting the balance of Prog and Estrogen right, as much as it is about getting one of them up or down.

I also wondered if you had thought about taking something else eg an anti depressant? It won't fix the hormone issues but my ability to cope with the reprocussions of them has increased a million fold since being on Sertraline. I think you said you don't get on with SSRIs, but there are other options you could look at. Obviously I'm not trying to advise you... I just really hate to hear someone struggling this much xx

What do your latest blood test results say? x

Nas

« Reply #59 on: September 12, 2021, 04:48:09 PM »

Thanks Gilla
Well I’m on utrogestan and it hasn’t been too bad on the whole. The problem is now I think my estrogen levels are on the floor again, hence the low mood and sense of despair right now. I was on evorel 75 for many months and it did help control some symptoms, but not all.

I started lenzetto yesterday and feel awful.

I have some sertraline that the gp prescribed  a while ago and am wondering whether to take one? I know my levels are low as all my bladder irritation etc is back and that’s with vagifem and Ovestin. What an earth do I use now??

Last reading was 88 oestrogen, so that’s why I’m feeling so bad.

Xx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7