Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: Cortisol/palpitations/ anxiety  (Read 10034 times)

Suzysheep

Re: Cortisol/palpitations/ anxiety
« Reply #30 on: September 06, 2021, 03:57:13 PM »

Suzy sheep

I’m glad you woke up today and feel that this awful aniexty as lessoned

How long was you on HRT for ?
I was on it almost 4 months and found aniexty became every day .. constant fight or flight
It’s been 6 weeks tomorrow that I haven’t been on HRT & I stopped cold Turkey , but was told because I hadn’t been on it longer than 6 months it was ok to do this.

One hell of a ride with HRT & One hell of a ride since I’ve been off it .. but as previously wrote last week was best week for me since I started all this.
Im hoping it continues, but I expect the unexpected

I tried anti aniexty but wasn’t for me , and my GP refused to prescribe diazepam.
I have struggled with it not gonna lie .. it became too much constantly
Im looking forward now as I don’t wanna go back there ..
I’m so glad today you feel slightly better and I hope you get back to your normal self soon :)

I was on the HRT around 12 weeks like you. It made me turn into a neurotic, psychotic pmt monster and I had a very painful heavy period. When I went cold turkey
It took about 2 weeks of slow decline in my mental health before I completely crumbled and the anxiety overwhelmed me.
I’m glad you are starting to come out the other side, it’s such a struggle that no one prepares you for, but you sound like you’ve got your head set in the right place.

Xx
« Last Edit: September 06, 2021, 04:00:18 PM by Suzysheep »

Michelle7474

« Reply #31 on: September 06, 2021, 04:08:44 PM »

Madness how it effects some people
I thought it was gonna be my magic patch and make everything ok
But unfortunately not to be .. I got worse on patch and worse off patch .. I’m still not 100% but I would like to think I’m moving forward because I hate aniexty & the physical feelings :(
I just take each day at a time Suzy as you never know what one day to the next is gonna be.
I just hope for better days for me and for everyone else on here , I think we struggle enough.
My aniexty got so bad I stopped going out and doing things .. I’ve slowly this past week been making myself go out at least once a day even if it was local shop.
I will get there , we all will , sooner rather than later I hope.
I hope you have much better days now & I hope your tablets kick in soon ..
did you suffer side effects with them ?

Suzysheep

« Reply #32 on: September 06, 2021, 05:31:22 PM »

Michelle, that was me in a nutshell… worse on the patch… even worse off. I didn’t even go on HRT for mental health reasons, just hot flushes and joint pains. In hindsight I’d rather have the pain and flushes!!

I don’t really know if I had any side effects to be honest as I felt absolutely physically awful along with the sky high anxiety before I started them. It would be hard to tell the difference as the side effects are the same sort of thing.

Yes…. I know the feeling of not wanting to go out. I couldn’t even walk the dog without needing to go home. Last week I walked around Lidl ( as it’s small and very near) and was just fighting back tears for absolutely no reason. It’s crazy… and it makes you feel like you are crazy!

I’m never going to take my mental health for granted again!!

Michelle7474

« Reply #33 on: September 06, 2021, 06:03:29 PM »

Michelle, that was me in a nutshell… worse on the patch… even worse off. I didn’t even go on HRT for mental health reasons, just hot flushes and joint pains. In hindsight I’d rather have the pain and flushes!!

I don’t really know if I had any side effects to be honest as I felt absolutely physically awful along with the sky high anxiety before I started them. It would be hard to tell the difference as the side effects are the same sort of thing.

Yes…. I know the feeling of not wanting to go out. I couldn’t even walk the dog without needing to go home. Last week I walked around Lidl ( as it’s small and very near) and was just fighting back tears for absolutely no reason. It’s crazy… and it makes you feel like you are crazy!

I’m never going to take my mental health for granted again!!

I went on HRT for body aches , hot surges , palpitations etc and I still have them but I would much rather them than any aniexty

Funni enough I went to asda & I’ve not been in shops for a while because of how bad this got .. but last week I went to asda twice and it felt great
I went local shops by me and also a small walks & pushed my self out whether it be 10 min or 30 min
Today I’ve done the same but today I feel bit on edge with like woozy head .. hormones lol but again I made my self go to local shop.
It’s took enough of my life this year it can’t take anymore ..
you are like me Suzy .. I didn’t know aniexty and i will never understand it but mental health is so important

I have had one CBT therapy and he gave me a relaxation tape and I listen to it once a day and it in small way helps me feel calmer but I don’t know if that’s because I’ve had a pretty calm week last week .. time will tell
I paid privately for it as I’m on waiting list with NHS which is backlogged due to covid

I hope you have better days Suzy and look forward to reading that your aniexty as gone

It was suggested to me to go on a mini pill which could help
But I don’t know if I wanna add more hormones in yet

Xx

Suzysheep

« Reply #34 on: September 08, 2021, 10:51:00 AM »

How are you feeling Nas? Any better? Xx

vintagefiend

« Reply #35 on: September 08, 2021, 02:33:35 PM »

hi there Nas,

sorry you're struggling
i'm on here following sleepless nights/anxiety surges
i am on estradot patch 75mcg
i switched from estrogel 3-4 pumps so it should have been like for like- if anything patch slightly lower dose
but i think that i'm absorbing the patch way more easily- my levels are 780 whereas much lower on same and higher amounts of gel.
just to be transparent i have also started testosterone and the high oestradiol reading was subsequent to starting this- prob nothing to do with oestradiol reading but maybe cab't rule it out
i believe i'm also absorbing the testosterone "too well" too- i've cut down to v small amount now
but i was def having palpitations and surges before starting the testosterone (gasping out loud just as i was falling asleep!! then wide awake again)
and yes it's early morning- usually after 2, 3 or 4 hours sleep
so i'm thinking oestrogen too high
obvs you may be different- i'm not a doctor etc etc but i just wanted to let you know what's happening with me :)

Nas

« Reply #36 on: September 08, 2021, 03:24:13 PM »

Hi Suzy,
I’m okay thanks, just getting through the week right now. Im looking for a less mentally tiring job, but it could take a while! Resigning isn’t the answer as I would be broke.

Such a difficult experience to cope with this menopause, when you work with people who have no understanding or concept of what it means to be going through hormonal hell.

How are you? X

Nas

« Reply #37 on: September 08, 2021, 03:29:17 PM »

Thanks for sharing vintage.
Have you resolved your anxiety and palpitation issues with the testosterone now then? I did try and re start t, but it makes a bit grumpy!

I’m back on evorel 75, I don’t think it’s enough but the disaster at work last week, was due to me increasing to 100. It was horrific!

I don’t know what to do at the moment. Stick with 75 or try 100 again?

Thanks again for sharing x

Shell babes

« Reply #38 on: September 09, 2021, 09:48:09 AM »

I am having the exact same experience. I am on Estradot 75 and upped it to 100 with disastrous results. I upped it for the same reasons as you Nas but my anxiety went through the roof. Back down to 75 but anxiety still high. I started taking Provera last night for 14 days. Still feel exhausted but slightly calmer. Keep thinking I need Provera every day at 5mg instead of 10mg? It is truly awful, I feel so scared of all these horrible feelings. Hope you are feeling better x

vintagefiend

« Reply #39 on: September 09, 2021, 10:17:35 AM »

Hi again, Nas

yeah, i'm struggling with the testosterone too- i really hoped it would be the thing to rid me of all this!
i had mu ovaries out last november and pretty sure i need some testosterone- my levels were v low but i don't seem to be able to get compatible with it- been 6 weeks now and i'm using teeny amount now- and used less than lower dose for women before
really really struggling with the cortisol or whatever it is at night and in the early hours now
woke this a.m. feeling very bleak as well as anxious
bleakness now dissipating but i am starting to dread bedtime/waking up!!
i hate this, i've been here before and tend to panic and change things and i don't know what to do!
i have in fact cut my patch down to approx 50mcg- just last night- not very scientific, i'm sure! but my oestrogen was too high before- that much i know. ie confirmed by lab
i know with a lot of hrt we're told to wait 3 months but sometimes it feels like its getting worse and worse during that time rather than gradually settling
i'm getting some more oestradiol/testosterone results in the next couple days- be v curious to see what they are
i've thrown so much money at this!

hope you're having a better day   

KarineT

« Reply #40 on: September 09, 2021, 11:22:34 AM »

What would cause anxiety in someone who's not on HRT?  I can't imagine that it would be caused by oestrogen because it would decline naturally in the absence of HRT.. Unless oestrogen doesn't decline at the same rate as progesterone and progesterone declines before oestrogen does.

Michelle7474

« Reply #41 on: September 09, 2021, 01:38:08 PM »

When I had my first aniexty , I wasn’t on HRT but it happened a day before my cycle and also 3 weeks after my vaccine so I’ve always put it down to those
It came more frequent and more intense on HRT ..
Since I’ve been off HRT it was unbelievable for first 4 weeks but now it’s starting to not be so intense , although it’s still there kinda thing
I’m off it 6 weeks now ..

Are you suffering KarineT off HrT

Suzysheep

« Reply #42 on: September 09, 2021, 02:00:49 PM »

Hi Suzy,
I’m okay thanks, just getting through the week right now. Im looking for a less mentally tiring job, but it could take a while! Resigning isn’t the answer as I would be broke.

Such a difficult experience to cope with this menopause, when you work with people who have no understanding or concept of what it means to be going through hormonal hell.

How are you? X

I can’t imagine having to work whilst feeling like this. I’m sorry you are in that situation and feel stuck. Maybe you could get signed off for a couple of weeks to give you some breathing space ?

I’m not so good today. Had a few better days, then it’s gone a bit down hill. Fed up of feeling so highly strung. Been waiting on a drs call all day too.

Suzysheep

« Reply #43 on: September 09, 2021, 02:03:34 PM »

I am having the exact same experience. I am on Estradot 75 and upped it to 100 with disastrous results. I upped it for the same reasons as you Nas but my anxiety went through the roof. Back down to 75 but anxiety still high. I started taking Provera last night for 14 days. Still feel exhausted but slightly calmer. Keep thinking I need Provera every day at 5mg instead of 10mg? It is truly awful, I feel so scared of all these horrible feelings. Hope you are feeling better x

Shell, what is Provera? Is it like diazepam?
It is very scary feeling so bad. It feels like it will never end…….. but it will xxx

Shell babes

« Reply #44 on: September 09, 2021, 03:00:51 PM »

Provera is the progesterone part of HRT like utrogestan or mirena coil. I’m struggling to eat with all this going on, no appetite and I also dread going to bed - will I sleep? How exhausted and anxious will I feel when I get up, this is like living in a nightmare. I think the anxiety is due to cortisol but I can’t seem to lower it. It prevents me from sleeping and wakes me up in the early hours, feel like it’s haunting me. Sending love and hugs to you all on this horrid journey x
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7