Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Help -period after 2 weeks, what's happening?  (Read 932 times)

EllaAurora

Help -period after 2 weeks, what's happening?
« on: September 09, 2021, 10:00:09 PM »

Dear ladies,
yet another strange problem has emerged (unbelievable how creative the menopause can get  ::)
I had a period 2 weeks ago, which was a few days early starting already on day 25. Now, only 14 days later, I seem to have another period starting?!

I can't understand what is happening? I'm taking EstroGel and am extremely careful in keeping the dose stable, nowadays weighing the dose. I have been on a dose 2.5g (2 pumps), which I just upped per doctor's order earlier in the week to 3g. Also taking utrogestan now continuously to see if it would help me sleep. And I may have experienced a few better days, in fact,.. until now, again a bleed and related stomach cramps.

Any thoughts on what may cause this frequent bleeding and what could be done to it? I was already hoping that my periods would be close to stopping as I missed 3 months earlier in the year, and have had 2 longer cycles in the spring, but now it seems its going to the opposite direction.

Thanks a lot for your thoughts/advice.

« Last Edit: September 09, 2021, 10:02:40 PM by EllaAurora »

Shannonplussed

Re: Help -period after 2 weeks, what's happening?
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2021, 11:06:42 PM »

You answered your own question by saying you just upped your estrogel and went to continuous progesterone. Any tinkering with estrogen can cause a bleed/spotting, and continuous intro can cause unpredictable bleeding for up to 6 months.

Dotty

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2021, 06:32:14 AM »

Hi it’s probably the change of fuse that’s causing the bleeding or it could be that you are not ready for a continuous dose of progesterone. x

Taz2

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2021, 07:43:17 AM »

I agree with the other replies. If you are not post menopause then continuous progesterone is not advised. Was this change to the utrogestan done under the advice of your doctor?  :-\

Taz x

EllaAurora

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2021, 11:15:21 AM »

Hello ladies, thanks for your kind replies! Perhaps it is indeed due to the changes in regime. I just don't understand as the oestrogen dose increase was tiny (0.5g which is less than half a pump) -can such a small increase cause this.. but I guess anything is possible in menopause  :o

My gynae advised to try Utrogestan continuously with a higher dose in order to create more balance in my system, as I'm so sensitive to fluctuations and also would get additional support for sleep which has been my main challenge recently. I've been aware that continuous regime in perimenopause does not necessarily control bleeds as own cycle may still be pushing through, but I wasn't aware that continuous progesterone would actually create additional bleeds.  ???

Taz2

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2021, 09:18:14 PM »

Breakthrough bleeding is listed as a side effect I believe.