Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Paraesthesia since starting HRT  (Read 4607 times)

Postmeno3

Paraesthesia since starting HRT
« on: September 04, 2021, 05:50:16 PM »

Hi there,
I wonder if anyone has any knowledge or experience of paraesthesia since commencing systemic HRT. I started on the lowest dose of Evorel and am now on Estradot at a slightly higher dose. Researching this tingling in hands and feet, it seems to be to do with fluctuating oestrogen levels. Am I right in thinking it could be a sign that my oestrogen levels are waking up, but not yet where they need to be to stabilise out more and eliminate fluctuations? It's a strange thing. I did notice it listed as a rare side effect of the Estradot, but not Evorel even though it started on that. Thanks in advance!
😊
« Last Edit: September 04, 2021, 05:56:40 PM by Postmeno3 »

sheila99

Re: Paraesthesia since starting HRT
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2021, 06:00:47 PM »

You do come up with interesting questions  ;). I hadn't heard of it so interested in the replies too.

PMDD

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2021, 07:42:55 PM »

Well thats interesting!! Since I started HRT i,ve been investigated for tingling/numb feelings in fingers and hands, i assumed it was just a coincidence..nothing found so far, they're considering a nerve conduction study, as my ultrasounds on wrists/joints were fine  :-\

Postmeno3

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2021, 07:47:02 PM »

Yes, I had a nerve conduction testing which showed nothing untoward. Also, full fasting bloods which were fine. This is going to be very interesting to see what others may be experiencing, too. Thank you!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2021, 08:37:17 AM »

Carpal Tunnel Syndrome is common in pregnant women.   It eases a few months after delivery.

Postmeno3

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2021, 11:30:52 AM »

My testing proved conclusively that I do not have Carpal Tunnel Syndrome which, on very depleted oestrogen is interesting in itself. I imagine pregnancy to cause oestrogen to soar.

Kathleen

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2021, 05:20:34 PM »

Hello ladies.

Interestingly 'loss of feeling  in hands or feet' is included on this site's menopause symptoms scoresheet and I think the Newson Health scoresheet talks about 'tingling in hands and feet'

Hope this helps.

Take care ladies.

K.

Postmeno3

« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2021, 05:45:09 PM »

Wow, Kathleen, thanks! So just a side effect, possibly quite rare, but nothing to worry about? I'm still curious to know why this happens? I wonder if it says anywhere how temporary it is till the right levels are attained, possibly? Gosh, very very interesting!!!!!!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2021, 06:12:03 PM »

I was never pregnant so have no idea which hormones are more active during the 9 months.  I do know that some women get CTS .

donnacrichton

« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2021, 07:03:47 PM »

This was one of my first symptoms but I get it over my scalp and neck. Drives me crazy only relief is to massage the scalp. I’ve looked into it a lot and is definitely worse when your hormones are fluctuating. Hope this gives you some reassurance. It is so uncomfortable but harmless x

Postmeno3

« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2021, 07:08:34 PM »

Many thanks. It's a worry to think nerves are being afected! 😱

Nicola Winter

« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2022, 08:05:08 AM »

I had thoracic outlet syndrome when pregnant and this has returned while taking HRT. It causes numbness in the arms and hands when I sleep and pain in my arms when I lift them, especially out to the sides or above my head. I have now developed a tingling weird sensation in my feet. I'm sleeping better but feel wiped out during the day. I get morning cramps but no bleed follows. I'm thinking I might need testosterone.