Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Kirsty Wark menopause documentary for BBC Scotland.  (Read 6324 times)

cubagirl

Re: Kirsty Wark menopause documentary for BBC Scotland.
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2017, 11:11:26 PM »

Apparently Kirsty has now managed to restart HRT, albeit on a low dose. My GP is all for me continuing on a low dose so long as no other health issues makes it necessary to stop.

zelda

« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2017, 10:23:54 AM »

I have a friend who is 66 and she is managing to keep the dreaded flushes etc at bay by taking HRT every 3rd day.

dahliagirl

« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2017, 02:03:32 PM »

I have just watched it and it was really good  :)

It did not tackle periods.  It was more about dealing with oestrogen loss.  I am sure that perimenopausal periods and perimenopause would make an entire programme in themselves.  There is so much to deal with, and we are never quite sure what we are putting up with is normal or can be helped.  I thought periods would just go away (along with many other woman) and did not realise that it could be such a problem. 

In fact, I thought that since I had taken the pill up to 49, I would have bypassed the whole thing altogether  ::) ::) ::)  and would just be me, without periods.

dahliagirl

« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2017, 02:21:13 PM »

Also, I noticed that there was a lot of cake involved........ :cupcake:

Kathleen

« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2017, 06:53:46 PM »

Hello ladies.

I haven't watched Kristy's programme yet but I did see Mariella Frostrup on television yesterday and it reminded me of something. You may remember that a while ago she made a fuss in the papers because her medical insurance refused to cover the cost of her HRT arguing that the meno was not an illness requiring treatment. At the time she also said that the symptom that she found the most difficult to deal with was " the despondency".  Judging by her chipper demeanor last night the dark days are now behind her lol!

Take care ladies.

K.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2021, 08:11:35 PM »

I caught up with this last night.  A bit wishy washy in places  :-\ - someone was supposed to be giving advice but was obviously uncomfortable talking about vaginas etc.!  Not much advised when women didn't want or could not use HRT. 
Pages: 1 [2]