Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Oh How Things Have Changed  (Read 2096 times)

Yorkshire Girl

Oh How Things Have Changed
« on: September 02, 2021, 04:08:25 PM »

Well as of last Friday teenager moved out for good to Manchester, living in a flat with his girlfriend, hubby drove them down with a car full of his stuff, having already taken them down with a car load in early August to pick up keys. He gained a 1st class honours in his first year of law but since changed course and chose to do Art History at Manchester Uni after getting offers for all the courses he was interested in!
I'm still waking between 5-5.30am and very tired & sleepy by 4pm have just had enough, anxiety is still around everytime I have something planned but especially going swimming. Hope everyone is ok

jillydoll

• Hiya
Re: Oh How Things Have Changed
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2021, 07:01:10 PM »

Hi Yorker. 👋🏼

Glad to hear about your son getting such brilliant results.
How about you? I’m sure you’ll miss him terribly. But unfortunately, that’s what kids do.
Sorry about the anxiety, I’ve still got mine too. 😢
Whatever you do, don’t give into it when going swimming, I know how much you love that, and if you don’t go, it will win. Then you’ll never go again. So keep going. 🙂
Other than a bit of anxiety every now and then, I’m ok. It’s just the pits tho isn’t it? 🤷🏼‍♀️
Good to hear from you. Xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2021, 07:36:20 PM »

Lovely to catch up !   :thankyou:

Well done, DS - follow your dreams I say. He's done the very best in Law, now he knows what it takes to do what he really wants to. 

Now it's your turn along with DH.  Do you have hobbies each?

Yorkshire Girl

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2021, 05:49:30 PM »

Hi Jillydoll, yes I miss him, it does seem strange.  Yesterday I really didn't want to go swimming but glad I did, fed up with it because we have to book one of 3 sessions for 50 mins so I go for the middle one, they allow 30 people in and I find it too busy, as pre-covid there were never more than 20 people in the pool at the times I went!
Sorry you still suffer with anxiety, it's a right pain, but a lot of menopause stuff is!