Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: waking at 3/4/5am and not returning to sleep  (Read 3175 times)

Molly

waking at 3/4/5am and not returning to sleep
« on: September 02, 2021, 01:03:12 PM »

Hey girls,

anyone have a miracle cure for early morning, mid night Id call it myself waking. my mind is just buzzing with everything and anything. Nothing will put it back to sleep.

I am going to try nytol tonight. I have been taking piriton but its not working now. x

Molly

Re: waking at 3/4/5am and not returning to sleep
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2021, 01:50:54 PM »

thanks a mil jaypo, il get that.

thats interesting about  what they teach soldiers...wonder if it works.

Hopeful

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2021, 11:25:30 AM »

Jaypo
 I thought that acrivastin  not was a non drowsy antihistamine,I thought the antihistamine Diphenhydramine which is in Nytol was a drowsy antihistamine.
Glad that is works for you Jaypo I might give it a try.

Molly
find the Nytol with Diphenhydramine does work some of the time it usually at least adds an hour or two extra sleep.
But of course sleep quality is not said to be so good when using sleep aids.
Herbal tablets only work for me if I have only mild insomnia, those were the days  ;D

sheila99

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2021, 04:33:35 PM »

Some people have used melatonin which is the hormone that naturally makes us sleep. You have to get it from USA, it isn't available in the UK. Over the counter remedies made me so drowsy the next day I might have well been awake. Melatonin was going to be my next step but the hrt starting working before this so I haven't actually used it ( the hrt took 3 months to work).

Dierdre

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2021, 04:52:01 PM »

Hi Molly
I usually do the 4am wake up when I'm worried about something or got too much work on. Instead of letting it go round and round like a loop in my head I write it down on paper, a list of whats churning in my head. I can then settle.

Molly

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2021, 06:07:29 PM »

thanks for replies girls.

I tried the solider thing, not a hope  :-\ maybe need to keep at it. took nytol last night it deep help me sleep but was fierce drowsy all day, stupidly so  :-\. maybe i need to take it earlier in the night.

might try the acrivastin jaypo and see what thats like. Id love to get my hands on that melatonin ;D.

Haydo

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2021, 06:25:24 PM »

What worked for me with nytol was taking it at about 7.30/8pm, I then found I was not too drowsy when I woke and it seemed to wear off by 8/9am.  This worked when I was going through a really stressful time, and I used to take it every 2 to 3 nights (when I didn’t have to be at work the next day first thing) so that I could get some sleep to get me through.  I forgot to say I just took half a dose as well!
« Last Edit: September 03, 2021, 06:30:48 PM by Haydo »

Molly

« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2021, 04:30:32 PM »

thanks haydo. funny you say that about taking it early in the evening as the first night i took it, i felt very drowsy all day, however the 2nd night i tokk is few hours early and definetly felt better the next day. I am talking a full tablet, maybe i shld try half a tablet too. thanks anyway

Hopeful

« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2021, 05:31:47 PM »

My sleep has been terrible for months but last 2 months  has got to only sleeping from 10:30 till 2:30am every night and just drifting after that.
Started HRT 9 weeks ago which has stopped night sweats and anxiety seems to be reducing the last week but insomnia is devastating.

I am on 4th week of strong antibiotics so this might be a factor.

Have a few Zopiclone took one Thursday night and slept much better, may try another tonight or maybe the nytol.

Haydo if you take the Nytol 7:30/8pm what time do you go to bed?

sheila99

« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2021, 05:34:17 PM »

Id love to get my hands on that melatonin ;D.
You can buy it online from USA. If you search for 'melatonin' you'll find old posts from someone who used it. I can't remember who it was so don't know if she's still active here but she sent me a pm saying where she bought hers from. Unfortunately I deleted it. Or you could Google it.

Haydo

« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2021, 06:51:07 AM »

Hi Hbhigg

When I’ve taken the nytol at 7.30/8 I’ve gone to bed at 10ish,  so you could just adjust it for what time you go to bed.   We’re all so different.   Maybe start off with half a tablet and see how you go.   

ElkWarning

« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2021, 07:56:21 AM »

I saw a herbalist about this - waking up constantly during the night.  She said it was my cortisol levels (stress, menopause, etc) and made me a tincture.  Took about a week to work.  That was over two years ago.  Still sleep through the night even though I haven't taken the tincture for about 18 months.

Best

EK

Molly

« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2021, 08:57:43 PM »

oh thats interesting elkwarning,  might look into going to one. thanks

Michelle7474

« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2021, 09:24:12 AM »

I don’t sleep well and it seems like so much going on in my mind

I read the solider thing where said say don’t think don’t think in your thoughts .. but I didn’t help
I told my CBT therapist this & he said to tell yourself I’m relaxed , I’m Calm instead of telling mind not to do something
So I’m gonna try this for a few days and see how I go 

Molly

« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2021, 12:20:40 PM »

yeah the soldier thing not working for me. I was awke from 2.30 am this morning, did not go back to sleep at all  :'( . il have no option but to drug myself tonight with piriton and paracetemol. horrible and hate taking tablets but every few nights i have no choice.

michelle 7474 let us know if that works. x

Pages: [1] 2