Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: At home FSH Kits  (Read 807 times)

SMD

At home FSH Kits
« on: September 01, 2021, 06:28:14 PM »

Hi, I've wasted most of today reading perimenopause forums to understand my symptoms and help my symptoms anxiety. I can't get to my GP  for 3 weeks. So I've just read about home FSH kits for testing.  Anyone tried these?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: At home FSH Kits
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2021, 07:09:15 PM »

Not personally.  Hormone blood tests are reliably unreliable.  Have U made an appt to talk with your GP or Nurse Practitioner?

Some find that keeping a mood/food/symptom diary is useful.  To chart progress.

:welcomemm: education is never wasteful ;-) - which Forums by the way?

peri-menopause is the sometimes 10 years B4 our last period, which is literally menopause.  Which is when symptoms including periods waxing and waning, become noticeable  ::).

SMD

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2021, 08:02:08 PM »

Sorry when I put wasting that wasn't being derogatory to the forum. I was just conscious that I was probably feeding my anxiety by constantly looking through numerous threads, instead of doing work emails. I wish there were an easier way to make sense of this perimenopause thing! I want Instant answers and that's clearly not possible. I'm not very good at the waiting game of logging my symptoms and cycles  :-\

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2021, 06:44:11 AM »

..... and breath.  'the change' does what it says on the tin so browse round. 

Peri-menopause can creep up a bit.  Most of us think that menopause is no periods and a few hot flushes, however.  Many of us get a shock!

My periods waxed and waned for several years B4 stopping.  My skin itched at times.  My ears feel muggy ........... I'm afraid Nature takes it's course and peri can't be hurried along.  Keeping a diary is helpful so that we can chart our feelings.

Gynaikeíos

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2021, 07:55:41 AM »

Hello SMD, you are not alone in this  :)

I bought a kit because of just in case last year, but I have not used it! Reading on other furums where members sometimes mentioned menopause I thought I was fine, really, because I had no symptoms which matched theirs.
I read about kits from Dr Google (who is famously not qualified) bought a kit and lost my nerve to use it  ;D

This year I have had some reasons to read information from reliable sources (I ❤ this site!), and know that I wasted my money.
Being wise after events, I do not know why the NHS does not screen women for perimenopause from 40 years old,  give us the information we need, and allow low oestrogen creams to be bought from the pharmacy until it is time for systemic HRT. 

The NHS would save a fortune by taking preventative steps, and we would be able to continue with our productive lives.