Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Fibroids  (Read 921 times)

Mummytron

Fibroids
« on: September 01, 2021, 02:06:38 PM »

Hi,
Posted yesterday about lots of clots and that I was having a pelvic scan today. The scan showed 3 fibroids, one which is 4cm, one of just under 4cm and one of 2cm. She said the uterus was bigger than it should be because of this. Also it was obscuring my left ovary but she said that wasn't an issue. My right ovary was fine.
I've had a couple of fibroids for years and I'm guessing they are growing while I'm in peri. Will they just leave them?

jaypo

Re: Fibroids
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2021, 02:57:52 PM »

It will be up to you ultimately,depends how badly they affect your life,my fibroids were making my life miserable,massive flooding and huge clots, I bled for 20 days of the month, I had an endometrial ablation which didn't work,so eventually decided on a hysterectomy leaving the ovaries,was the best thing I did,was great going out and about and not having to worry if I flooded.

applespider

Re: Fibroids
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2021, 11:53:28 AM »

At that size, they’ll probably leave them but do ask if they can be actively monitored. It’s very easy for them to get larger during peri without being symptomatic other than the occasional clots. The bigger they get, the more chance for other symptoms like bouncing on the bladder or colon and, unfortunately, the bigger they get, the fewer options for removal. If next year, that 4cm one is up to 6cm or there are more than 5 visible, I’d be asking for a referral for treatment.