Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Irritated bladder.  (Read 2271 times)

Otter15

Irritated bladder.
« on: September 01, 2021, 10:52:15 AM »

Can anybody give me some advice please. I think I have an irritated bladder and want to know the best way to help it settle down again.
I’ve been having laser treatment for atrophy. I’ve had 3 of 4 but after the last two I had what I thought was vaginitis a couple of weeks later with the usual symptoms. Saw the gynaecologist a few days ago and he said there were no problems. Had a urine test and nothing but I have the symptoms of a urine infection or vaginitis including the burning, pains and need to go the loo through the night when it’s worse until I go then eases off.
I’ve been reading about irritated bladders and maybe this is what I have.
I’ve started drinking chamomile tea and I drink plenty of water anyway.Does anybody else do anything else.

Otter15

Re: Irritated bladder.
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2021, 11:31:37 AM »

I’m on intrarosa but was told not to use it at the moment. I have a hyaluronic acid gel for treatment and I’ve been using that but even that is stinging now.
You seem to start getting one thing sorted and another comes along😫.
I’ll keep drinking chamomile tea.I have the final treatment in a couple of weeks then hopefully everything will settle down.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2021, 12:07:43 PM »

Who advised not to use appropriate vaginal atrophy treatment?  Has the laser treatment helped, I think we have a thread here ...... I'll bounce it if I can find it.

It's due to a lack of oestrogen which causes dryness.  How many treatments are you scheduled for?

Otter15

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2021, 12:38:18 PM »

The gynaecologist said not to use it, just this moisturiser. It’s been a while though so I’ve wondered about the effect that’s having too.
The treatments have helped in that I’m no longer going the loo every twenty minutes and I don’t itch any more.
I’ve had 3 of 4. It’s definitely helped more in some areas than others but this after problem, which I’m not even sure is caused by the laser, is something new. If I can get it to settle down before I have to go back, I could then go back to the intrarosa.

CLKD

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2021, 02:39:35 PM »

Did U read the thread which I bumped about Mona Lisa treatment? 

Otter15

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2021, 03:15:32 PM »

Was that Mary Jane’s? I read that thanks before I started the laser treatment and was glad I did. I too have found it uncomfortable whereas all the reviews I saw said it was painless. :-\
I’m going to try and see a urologist and see what advice they can give. I don’t know whether what’s happening is coincidental (the gynaecologist thinks so) or it’s even what I think it might be. It’s a pain though😁.

CLKD

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2021, 03:30:19 PM »

That's it! 

I would send an e-mail/ring the Gyanecologist and ask why?  There is probably a logical reason which he/she hasn't explained.  Par 4 the course with many!

Let us know how you get on.  I wouldn't change to a urologist until you've completed the treatment, as you may well get the answer B4 the appt..  Lay it on thick, tell the Consultant that between treatments symptoms are noticeable!

Lioness86

« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2021, 04:09:16 PM »

Hi, I experienced this earlier in the year and someone on the forum recommended d-mannose from the health shop. I really found they helped me. I took 4 tablets for a few days and then just dropped it to 2 and it settled down.  I don’t know if it is suitable for your problem but it may be worth a try.

Haydo

« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2021, 04:27:54 PM »

Hello Otter 15. 

Can I ask where you are having the laser treatment done and, if it is private, which I imagine it is, how you came to the conclusion that you’d have it done there?  I’m assuming you’re in the UK, but maybe you’re not.    Was it a place that was recommended to you?  Would be grateful for any info that you feel you can share.     I would also suggest trying d-mannose for an irritated bladder, it has helped me in the past.   Many thanks.

Otter15

« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2021, 05:00:17 PM »

I’m actually in Spain and my own gynaecologist sent me to this one because I’m still having problems even with intrarosa. It has helped though.
I saw the gynaecologist on Monday and he didn’t find anything wrong he said He’d told me to have a urine test which I did and it was clear so he just gave me a different moisturiser. I’m not sure he actually believed me😫.
I do get irritation easily and I’m definitely sensitive to some of the products I’ve been told to buy.
I’ll definitely look for this d mannose. I’look on Amazon now.
Thanks for that.

Otter15

« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2021, 05:09:27 PM »

Hi Lioness86. What strength d mannose did you use. I’ve found 500mg and 1000mg

Lioness86

« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2021, 05:54:41 PM »

Mine are 1000 mg. I tend to be a bit sensitive with supplements but am ok with these x

Otter15

« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2021, 05:55:47 PM »

Thanks for that. I’ve ordered them. Will hold off on the urologist until I’ve tried them.

Haydo

« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2021, 06:16:10 PM »

I’ll have to do some research about treatment in the UK then!   I hope the d-mannose helps you.  I use 1000mg ones too and, like you and Lioness86, am very sensitive to supplements and other products, but have had no reactions with them. 

Otter15

« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2021, 08:05:22 PM »

That’s good to hear about not having a reaction. I’ve bought so much stuff, used it once and couldn’t again.
The gynaecologist did tell me lemon juice in water would lower the ph so I’m going to try that when this has settled down. I bought lots of that gel that balances the ph then found I couldn’t use it.
Good luck with finding the right place for the Mona Lisa touch.
Pages: [1] 2