Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Bladder / Urgency query  (Read 1019 times)

Louey

Bladder / Urgency query
« on: August 30, 2021, 11:29:53 PM »

Hi lovely ladies. Am after a bit of advice if possible.

Have had miserable urgency bladder symptoms for three months now. Bladder very inflammed.

NHS urine tests all negative but I got a private longer culture which showed E Faecilis and Staph but these may be contaminants as everything else is normal / negative.

Have been using Vagifem for 7 months and been on systemic HRT for 5. Still have awful outer VA issues as creams cause soreness and burning. This week I changed to E String to up the vaginal dose.

I have been prescribed Monuril / Fosfomycin Antibiotic but am petrified to take it as have read horrible side effect stories and I am still not sure if there is a true infection or it is VA symptoms.

Has anyone had a similar issue of bladder symptoms kicking off whilst on HRT / Local estrogen or should this have stopped this happening ?

Thanks

Joaniepat

Re: Bladder / Urgency query
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2021, 07:13:02 AM »

Sorry to hear you are suffering like this. Take the antibiotics is my advice! You probably won't get any side effects, and could well feel much better if you take them. Three months is too long to suffer like this. Have you read up on embedded UTI? Keep up with Vagifem, it will help your bladder, but won't fix, this issue.
JP x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2021, 08:59:16 AM »

Up the 'vagifem' to every night.  Some ladies require an extra 'capsule' so using 1 mid afternoon and 1 at night occasionally may also help.

Floo36

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2021, 12:59:31 PM »

How are your other menopause symptoms, are they controlled by the HRT? 

I have to use Vagifem daily whilst trying to sort the HRT dose.  I also have intrarosa to try which is used daily instead of the Vagifem. 

Louey

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2021, 07:28:24 PM »

Thanks all.

Other symptoms are ok - sometimes low on the utro but still getting used to it I think.

I have the string at the moment - just on day 3 so still very early days and paranoid about getting thrush. Have just noticed some blood as well - not sure if this is due to the estring or early withdrawal bleed but will see what happens.

sheila99

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2021, 08:20:10 PM »

Have they checked you for a prolapse?