Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Help please on what to do next re : HRT & Anxiety  (Read 2518 times)

Teresa

Re: Help please on what to do next re : HRT & Anxiety
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2021, 09:00:22 AM »

Hi Dotty,
Thankyou so much for your quick reply, yes I was on Elleste duet conti  and if I was to hazard a guess and from some of the replies here, it could be the progesterone in tgat that caused me issues.
if I do get the gel….do you apply it in the morning after shower? My friend puts in on her inner thighs, is that where you put it? Does it always go in same place?  ( I know you have to alternate patches and move them to different areas). Does it come as a measured dose each pump?

Sorry last question  :)
Thankyou,

Teresa
X

Dotty

« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2021, 10:53:41 AM »

Hi it might have been the progesterone or it might have been that you weren't getting enough oestrogen and what you're experiencing were actually menopause symptoms and not side effects. Take the utrogestan at night on an empty stomach...at least 2 hours after eating.

Yes I apply it in the morning after showering.  I put it on outer arms and shoulders or inner thighs.... whichever i feel like doing.  Each dose is a measured pump containing a measured amount of oestrogen.

Keep asking questions....its not a problem. x

Teresa

« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2021, 01:36:53 PM »

Thankyou Dotty,
It is very much appreciated, you answering my questions. Glad you told me to do the utrogestan at a different time to the gel. Not sure if I will get the gel, or the estradot patches still. I shall find out if my pharmacy do both tomorrow so I’m well armed for the GP on Wednesday.

Thankyou again Dotty for your patience  :)

Teresa
X

Teresa

« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2021, 01:58:26 PM »

Just wanted to give an update from my GP appointment this morning….he ageeed to prescribe me Utrogestan tabs 100 mg and I went for the Estradot patches in the end. He had to look up both items as never heard of them. In the end he’s prescribed me the 37.5 Mcg patches, which I’m thinking now might not be enough, but I will have a review with him again in 3 weeks, so may up it then, if I think I need to…or if I can tell if I need to….

Thanks Dotty & all for your help and I will let you know how I get on.
X
Pages: 1 [2]