Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Bleeding on continuous Utrogestan  (Read 1453 times)

Jules44

• First Flush
Bleeding on continuous Utrogestan
« on: August 27, 2021, 07:26:45 AM »

Hello Ladies
Two months ago, after five years of cyclical Utrogestan, I changed to 100mg daily continuously. This is alongside Sandrena Gel. However I seem to having a period every two weeks since changing over. I take it orally as I couldn’t face inserting it vaginally every day. Any thoughts or suggestions? Will things settle down?

Dotty

Re: Bleeding on continuous Utrogestan
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2021, 04:28:16 PM »

Hi it can take up to 6 months for bleeding to settle when starting any new form of hrt or changing hrt. Or it could be that your body is not ready for a continuous regime. X

Jules44

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2021, 04:57:45 PM »

Thank you Dotty, that’s really helpful to know. I’ll give it a few more months and see how it goes.

DS68

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2021, 11:58:18 PM »

Hi
I did the same as I found the double dose tablets made me feely rough. I take 1 a day and have been doing for 3 months now. I initially had double bleeds but that stopped after 2 months and now back to normal ! Whatever that is, was, could be 😊

Jules44

• First Flush
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2021, 04:43:25 PM »

Thank you DS68, I’ll give it a bit more time.

jag2107

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2021, 11:18:50 AM »

Hi I’m on month 6 of 2 pumps oestrogel  and utro days 25-28 . I’m finding as each month has passed I feel better in my mood and no hot flushes , but on n off bleeding , not heavy , and bloating like pmt symptoms . Horrid don’t know what to try next 🙈 does my dose need changing ?