Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Breakthroughbleeding 9 months on Evorel Sequi ... WORRIED  (Read 1453 times)

lynnietodd

Breakthroughbleeding 9 months on Evorel Sequi ... WORRIED
« on: August 27, 2021, 07:07:36 PM »

Hi,
I'm a perimenopausal 50 yr old women who started HRT in January. I had an transvaginal scan in Jan ( just to check as had some breakthrough bleeding before I started HRT) and all was normal . I had spotting months 1-5 with withdrawal bleeds , no spotting or withdrawal bleeds months 6 and 7 , month 8 I had spotting on and off for 13 days  which I put down to patch mix up . After speaking to my doctor she said probably just a blip and see what happens over next few months . I'm now on box 9 and have spotting 2 weeks into this box of patches .
I suffer from extreme anxiety and trying not to worry . I'm putting this down to possible my own hormones overriding HRT .
Any advice would be really appreciated as I'm going out my mind with worry .
Thank you xx

sheila99

Re: Breakthroughbleeding 9 months on Evorel Sequi ... WORRIED
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2021, 09:23:18 PM »

I'm confused. You say you're peri so why wouldn't you bleed? When you're meno (one year without a bleed) any bleeding should be investigated. Of course when you're on hrt you often don't know when you reach meno.

lynnietodd

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2021, 05:28:23 AM »

Thank you ,
I thought on Evorel Sequi I would only get the withdrawal bleed on week 4 and no other time . Do you mean my own( old) natural cycle can still be kicking in 2 weeks into a hrt box ? Xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2021, 07:56:32 AM »

Your own cycle will kick in and may over-ride the HRT.  Which part of the cycle are you bleeding?   Is there any info in the leaflet in the box?

Your GP has given a good suggestion.  HRT can take 4-6 months to settle.

sheila99

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2021, 08:38:59 AM »

Yes, your own cycle can override the hrt one. My own cycle is always the stronger one and it does make it difficult in peri when your cycle may be irregular. I find it better to tweak the hrt cycle to stay in step with my own, easy for me on utrogeston which I can start at any time, not so easy with patches. I would see how it goes, if it seems your body thinks you should bleed mid cycle then perhaps reset the hrt one to match your own.
Are you up to date with smears? I don't want to worry you as this is the least likely scenario but when I had pre-cancerous cells I had  right red spotting between periods.

lynnietodd

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2021, 02:28:12 PM »

Thank you ,
I had a normal smear in Nov and a normal transvaginal scan in January . I hope it's just my own cycle overriding the HRT as I'm really worried . This is my 9 month on HRT .
Xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2021, 04:38:57 PM »

What's your main worry?

lynnietodd

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2021, 05:25:15 PM »

My main worry is as bleeding unscheduled then it's due to something sinister . Think it's my health anxiety talking though . Rationally I know I was having regular periods before hrt so this is more than likely due to my own cycle kicking in . I was under impression that hrt would stop my own natural menstrual cycle but I guess maybe not the case . It's exactly 28 days since last spotting episode .
Sorry for rambling xxx