Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: HRT and Scan  (Read 1235 times)

jaycee

HRT and Scan
« on: August 31, 2021, 02:44:01 PM »

My daughter has been on Estradot and urogestan, but has had some bleeding after about 6 months, nefore she can have a scan she has to stop the HRT she has been told,
I thought with any bleeding you had to have a scan within 2 weeks, but she was told 6 weeks afterstopping the HRT,would this include vagifem too, ?anyone had this done?

Hopeful

Re: HRT and Scan
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2021, 03:04:52 PM »

Hi
When I had bleeding on conti HRT after about 4 months I didn’t have to stop using HRTbefore having a scan
but I can’t remember how long I waited to get the scan appointment.

Dotty

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2021, 06:04:31 PM »

Hi I’ve had a scan and didn’t have to stop hrt. X

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2021, 07:07:13 PM »

Ring the Dept doing the scan?

jaycee

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2021, 10:23:41 PM »

Thanks everyone,i had some slight bleeding a few years ago, but not on HRT at the time, and i think this Dr is wrong,it was due to VA ,but i was told any bleeding had to be investigated with 2 weeks
We have a few new young Drs at our surgery, and i told my daughter i would ask on here if anyone had the same problem
Also she has some slight breast lumps, which she has had before they were harmless,
The young Dr who examined her for these kept calling them lesions, another regular Dr came in and told her off,he said they are not lesions
It does make you wonder if some of them know what they are talking about
She was told she had to be off HRT for 6 weeks before she could have a scan

Grheliz1

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2021, 07:18:04 AM »

I've had transvaginal scans and hysteroscopies and have never been told to stop HRT beforehand.

jaycee

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2021, 11:12:06 AM »

When my daughter questioned this she was told all areas are different,if so it is only recently it has changed
Not much faith in Drs at this moment
If it turned out to something more serious then what?

shrosphirelass

« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2021, 07:42:07 PM »

It doesn't sound right at all. I hope she is able to challenge this. I have had many transvaginal scans since being on HRT and no one has ever questioned my being on it.

Shells99

« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2021, 10:40:24 PM »

I am seeing my GP on Monday to get some bleeding checked out.
She asked me during our phone consultation if I had already stopped my HRT, which I  haven't done.
She then told me to stop taking it as they can't scan me until I have been off the HRT for six weeks.
I'm disappointed as I finally plucked up the courage to start HRT just 6mths ago and I had been doing well up until the bleeding started this mth.
I'm worried that I will get a crash now with stopping suddenly which would just exacerbate an already anxious time. I'm tempted to taper my withdrawal and take my dose on alternate days for a week or two.

shrosphirelass

« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2021, 03:04:47 PM »

TBH if it was me, if I had enough HRT I would definately continue if it is a transvaginal scan you are having, as I can't see any clinical reason not to. Obviously, I am not medically qualified and don't want to give you the wrong information. I'm just sayinjg what I would do given my experience. Good luck. 

sheila99

« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2021, 05:49:30 PM »

I am seeing my GP on Monday to get some bleeding checked out.
She asked me during our phone consultation if I had already stopped my HRT, which I  haven't done.
She then told me to stop taking it as they can't scan me until I have been off the HRT for six weeks.

Did you ask why? Just curious to know if it's necessary for the scan or if it's so they extend the wait time if it turns out it's something that reacts to oestrogen.