Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Oestrogel and Utrogestan - Bleeding  (Read 1279 times)

Rae64

• First Flush
Oestrogel and Utrogestan - Bleeding
« on: August 22, 2021, 07:09:11 AM »

Hello

I started taking Oestrogel (2 pumps) and Utrogestan (200mg at night orally) about 3 months ago and have had very little side effects apart from weight gain. 

However, yesterday after sex I had a bleed.  It came from nowhere, no pain and it was bright and watery.  There wasn't a lot (a teaspoon??) and I've had none since.

So, my question to you all is:  Is this normal?  I read that you get a monthly bleed on Oestrogel and this is my 3rd month on it and the first bleed.  Do you think this is what it is?  The fact that it happened after sex has made a little worried that it might be something else?

SueLW

Re: Oestrogel and Utrogestan - Bleeding
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2021, 08:10:25 PM »

I started taking Oestrogel (2 pumps) and Utrogestan (200mg at night orally) about 3 months ago and have had very little side effects apart from weight gain. 

Just to be clear, are you taking 200 Utrogestan every night continuously or are you doing 2 weeks on/2 weeks off it and oestrogen all the way through the month?

Reboot

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2021, 10:39:28 PM »

Following this thread. I take Evorel 25 and Utrogestan every other two weeks. No bleed for the first 3 months then at end of month 4 I had a bleed for 3 days. This is month 5 and I am 9 days into Utrogestan and have started bleeding!! Does this sound right? 

Taz2

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2021, 06:26:50 AM »

Hello

However, yesterday after sex I had a bleed.  It came from nowhere, no pain and it was bright and watery.  There wasn't a lot (a teaspoon??) and I've had none since.
Hi Rae.
Any bleeding after sex no matter how small does need to be investigated. This is because it can be the first sign of cervical cancer so it does need to be ruled out. Even if your cervical smear tests are up to date please do get it checked out. It's probably nothing to worry about please don't ignore it.

Taz x

Flan747

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2021, 04:27:12 PM »

I’m on Utrogestron continuous and have had first bleed in 3 months! I was also wondering if this was normal! Also to add I feel awful so know my levels have dropped dramatically!