Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Vagifem and Ultrogestan vaginally  (Read 1653 times)

gipsybabe

• First Flush
Vagifem and Ultrogestan vaginally
« on: August 24, 2021, 01:38:48 PM »

Hi,
I’ve been taking Ultrogestan vaginally for 3 years along with Oestrogen gel on my thighs. I’ve now been prescribed Vagifem pessaries and Ovestin cream also vaginally. My question is can I use the the vaginal ones all at night? Thank you.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Vagifem and Ultrogestan vaginally
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2021, 02:24:47 PM »

:welcomemm:

I would use the 'vagifem' and 'ovestin' either in the morning or mid-evening to allow absorption.  Too many products in the same place, probably won't do any good.

We have 'bladder issues' and 'Vaginal Atrophy' threads.  Browse round. Make notes ;-)

Vaginal problems are caused by a drop in oestrogen, making the body dry .  Inside and out  :o
« Last Edit: August 24, 2021, 02:26:39 PM by CLKD »

Reboot

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2021, 02:25:37 PM »

Hi.  A little off topic for me but seeing as you have used Utrogestan vaginally for 3 years I wondered how that was for you?  I use 200mg vaginally for 2 weeks on and 2 weeks off.  Did you have bleeding during the use of utrogestan in those two weeks of taking or was it after you finished the two weeks that is if you bled at all?

Many thanks

gipsybabe

• First Flush
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2021, 06:40:21 PM »

I am post menopausal so I take it continuously with no bleeding.

gipsybabe

• First Flush
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2021, 06:57:01 PM »

Thank you CKLD. I was concerned that if I’m not laying down for many hours the Vagifem would just dissolve lower down the vagina instead of staying up. I’ll check out the VA thread.

Joaniepat

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2021, 07:06:38 PM »

The Vagifem is supposed to stick to the vaginal wall, so should stay put OK. As an aside, many women only put it about half way up as that is said to be more effective for bladder issues. Are you using both Ovestin and Vagifem internally and simultaneously?
JP x

gipsybabe

• First Flush
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2021, 08:10:05 PM »

I think I’ll start with the Ovestin externally and see how the VA goes. Thank you re the half way up note.