Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Question about counting my cycle on cyclical HRT  (Read 1702 times)

Hrp98

• First Flush
Question about counting my cycle on cyclical HRT
« on: August 24, 2021, 08:44:33 AM »

Hi, I am new to all this and a bit confused. I am using the gel every day and then 200mg of Progesterone on days 15-26 of my cycle. My question is, do I work on a cycle of 28 days every month regardless of any monthly bleeding? I took my last Progesterone dose a couple of days ago and haven't had a bleed yet. Should I be expecting a period each month?
« Last Edit: August 24, 2021, 09:50:33 AM by Hrp98 »

Dotty

Re: Question about counting my cycle on cyclical HRT
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2021, 09:19:56 AM »

Hi the easiest thing to do is to start the progesterone on the same date every month. That makes it easier to remember . X

sheila99

Re: Question about counting my cycle on cyclical HRT
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2021, 04:01:07 PM »

Assuming you have a cycle of your own it's best to keep the hrt cycle in step with your own. My own cycle is always stronger than the hrt one so if they're out if step you're likely to bleed at unexpected times. You should bleed 2-3 days after stopping utro, the first day of your bleed is day 1. If you're late peri and there hasn't been a build up there may be no bleed or it could be you're producing your own progesterone and will bleed when you stop.