Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Hello - just introducing myself  (Read 1668 times)

Jo4545

Hello - just introducing myself
« on: August 26, 2021, 06:47:52 PM »

Hello,

I've been reading this for a couple of days whilst waiting for my member registration to be approved and it's made me feel so much better as what I thought was something potentially seriously wrong with me are all fairly normal symptoms!

I am 55 and been going through various menopause symptoms since the end of Nov 2015 on and off. It all really started I think when I had Step throat which led to my immune system attacking my small blood vessels (small vessel vasculitis) just before I turned 50. This took a while to get over and made me quite unwell. Then the following year I got stung by a stinging nettle which resulted in a hives all over (even if I walked past a plant I came out in new hives) and I now avoid them like the plague. After that was hot flushes (the ones at work were the worst).. That all went away for a bit but I had been getting increasingly tired, bladder leak, brain fog, stomach bloating etc.

The main thing that has really driven me here right now is that all my symptoms, but particularly extreme tiredness, have escalated big time since my Covid vaccines (A-Z). It feels like it disrupted my hormones and potentially my immune system more than it should. It's probably a good thing though as, after talking to a friend about this and feeling at total rock bottom I went to the GP and asked for HRT so started on the Oestrogen/Progesterone patch two days ago.

4 years ago when I went the the GP about symptoms they just wanted to investigate symptoms and not even consider menopause which rather put me off going back again (until now).

I think that's me! Looking forward to some good advice and information as well as contributing to the forum.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Hello - just introducing myself
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2021, 07:27:39 PM »

:welcomemm:  browse round.  Some find it helpful 2 keep a mood/food/symptom diary 2 chart progress.

You're in good company.   We talk about most issues  ::)

Do read the 'bladder issues' and 'vaginal atrophy' threads, 4 warned is 4 armed ;-).