Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Has anyone taken benzodiazepines and progesterone together - worried  (Read 2732 times)

Dandelion

Hello
I am a member of a benzodiazepine support forum.
While progesterone cam be stopped without ill effects in women who have not used benzodiazepines long term, the same is not true for women who have been using benzodiazepines long term.
This is because the metabolite of progesterone, allopregnanolone is a neurosteroid which binds to the same receptor as benzodiazepines and many women who have taken these get real problems when they stop progesterone.
American women have progesterone cream available which makes it easier to taper off, but I only have the capsules Utrogestan.
I would love to hear from any woman who has had either synthetic or bio identical progesterone while on benzodiazepines and their experiences coming off progesterone.
Important, I only want to hear from women who took progesterone after benzodiazepines, because coming off it before would have no ill effects.
Thanks

ElkWarning

Re: Has anyone taken benzodiazepines and progesterone together - worried
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2021, 08:16:42 AM »

Sorry, Dandelion, I have nothing useful to say ... Although I'm a long term user of benzos who can't tolerate progesterone.  Until reading your post, I never realised there was any relationship between these two.

Hope you find the answers you're looking for.

Dandelion

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2021, 11:07:28 PM »

Sorry, Dandelion, I have nothing useful to say ... Although I'm a long term user of benzos who can't tolerate progesterone.  Until reading your post, I never realised there was any relationship between these two.

Hope you find the answers you're looking for.
I was looking for someone who takes both and come off progesterone, BenzoBuddies women say its horrendous coming off.
Thanks though

Miss piggy

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2021, 07:45:41 PM »

Dandelion
Did you try to come off? I am also keen to stop hrt?