Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Elleste Duet Conti side effects  (Read 2299 times)

angie246

• First Flush
Elleste Duet Conti side effects
« on: August 20, 2021, 10:30:28 AM »

Hi everyone. I am 54yo and have been taking elleste duet conti now for six months. At the beginning I had severe breast tenderness and pain but I stayed on it as it helped my night sweats and joint pain.  However in the past weeks I have experienced horrendous symptoms i.e extreme fatigue, leg pain, night cramps, joint pain in hands, lack of concentration, slight hair loss, weight gain, allergies and whelt like rashes on skin. I am also on medication for hypothyroidism and have been for approx. 15 years but never felt like this. Thanks in advance

Mars62

Re: Elleste Duet Conti side effects
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2021, 02:40:20 PM »

I was on Elleste duet Conti a few years ago,didn’t get on with it so only took it for a few months. Main side effects were depression, anxiety and hair loss BUT I can’t be 100% sure if it was the Elleste or my own hormones working away in the background it’s so hard to tell. Tried Kliovance after that and suffered the same side effects. Finally went on Femeston Conti and that suited me much better.

Lamplighter

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2021, 03:08:22 PM »

Hi angie246, I used Elleste Duet Conti for just over three months (in between trying out other forms of HRT) and found that not only didn't it help much with post menopausal symptoms (the hot flushes, incontinence, dry stinging eyes and dry mouth and blocked nose, and very painful joints all continued to a greater or lesser degree), but that it had some dire side effects as well, such as you've found - sore breasts (which usually goes away after time, I have to say), increased pulse rate and tinnitus, and increased vertigo (I already had vertigo but some forms of HRT made it worse).

At one point I switched to taking it at night and that seemed to help, a little.

It's worth considering switching to another type, especially as you've given it a fair go of six months. 

Good luck xxx

angie246

• First Flush
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2021, 11:38:38 AM »

Hi Lamplighter Thank you for giving me an insight into your own personal experience. I have arranged with my GP to get my bloods checked and if my thyroid results come back normal then I will certainly ask for my HRT to be changed