Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Advice please  (Read 1379 times)

LisaBenno

Advice please
« on: August 20, 2021, 09:43:23 PM »

I have decided to give utrogestan and oestrogel one last try.
When I had my private appointment back in April I was advised to use oestrogel gel 2 pumps daily, building up to 4 pumps if needed….how do you know if you need 3 or maybe 4 pumps..could it be that I’ve not been using enough in the past,  hence me feeling irritable/emotional as I did pre Oophorectomy?

Would be really grateful for any advice re this please? X

Dotty

Re: Advice please
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2021, 06:52:39 AM »

Hi if using the Oestrogel is not helping your symptoms then it could be that you need more. For me, Oestrogel didn’t do much until I was in the right dosage , which for me is 4 pumps .

LisaBenno

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2021, 07:09:43 AM »

Dotty, thanks so much for your reply I really appreciate it!

Did you build up to 4 pumps please? I’m wondering if I should try 3 and build up, I’m not even sure how I’m meant to feel as I’ve felt so rubbish for years now…have never been able to get the HRT balance right at all  :(

alibeau

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2021, 08:04:05 AM »

Hi,

When I started on the same regime I was given the same directions, use 2 - 4 pumps, however I was switching from oral hrt….

I started on 2 pumps and very quickly my symptoms came back so I increased to 3 pumps which works for me…

It took a good 6 months for everything to settle down for me on this regime. I felt great to begin with, this slowly dwindled and then I didn’t feel it was working well at all for me around months 4/5.

I’m now glad I stuck with it..

Good luck.

Ali x

Dotty

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2021, 08:41:39 AM »

Hi I started on 2 pumps and quickly increased to 3 ( I’d already been on 2mg tablets for 3 months which had done nothing). I then went to 3.5 after about 2 weeks. I was absolutely terrified of using too much. After a month I began to see slight improvements and went to 4. Slowly but surely I began to improve. But like Alibeau says, it took about 6 months to see lots of improvements. x

LisaBenno

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2021, 09:55:04 AM »

Thanks so much Dotty and Alibeau, in the past I have got to the three month mark with utrogestan/estrogel and have had to stop because I felt so bad, but I will see if tweaking the dose to 3 and then in time 4 pumps and hopefully this will be the solution for me…I will be over the moon if it is!  :) xx

alibeau

« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2021, 11:00:53 AM »

I will keep everything crossed for you!

Honestly, around month 4/5 I felt wiped out by the utrogestan, completely zombied but terrible physical anxiety symptoms when not taking it, I posted on here and also asked for advice elsewhere and was waiting until the end of cycle 5 or 6 to try some changes when it all just fell into place…

At the mo I am on the utrogestan phase and I am getting a few little symptoms here and there but I’m not seeking perfection any more, just a regime that irons out most of the nasty stuff.

Best of luck x

LisaBenno

« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2021, 09:14:52 PM »

Thanks lovely, same to you xx